Cracked screen...?

Aug 12, 2008
Has any one found a good site to order replacement screens from. an one thats in the u.s? cracked me screen last night and just got off the phone with Apple support and they want $199.99 to replace it...... ok thats how much i payed for the damn whole phone. a bunch of bs if u ask me. i found a site that sells them for $70, but its outa hong kong. and 2 day shipping is like 40 bucks. thats cheaper then Apples bs. any one no of a semi cheap place that ships in the u.s?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
If you don;t mind me asking, how did you crack your screen?

Aug 12, 2008
Nope not at all. i work graveyard at a shipping company. and i work in the freezer and we have freezer suits, i went on break and grabed my phone outa my locker and when i came back in from break i forgot it was in my chest pocket of my suit and it slid out when i leaned down to fix my boots. it only fell from like 2 feet but it cracked.. hold on ill take a pic and post it. its bad haha

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Holy crap. That is two feet of damage? I am never going to let my iPhone drop, lol.

Aug 12, 2008
i mean its gonna set me back like $70 if i replace it myself. which im good at fixing things so ill probably do that. but what amazed me is after it happen first thing im thinkin damn im left with out a phone. but even on the really bad cracked spots the touch screen still works haha. i can text still and every thing. it may be a little hard to read but at least i still have a phone u no

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
i have a v1 like that .
i don't know what to do with it..
so its laying at home.

Aug 12, 2008
well i found a site that has all the parts to fix it, and its in stock. and im gonna do 2 day shipping for 30 bucks more if i order from them. only thing there in hong kong. not sure if i can trust that or not. i mean its only 100 bucks and my bank can get it back if they try to screw me but i would like to find a place in the u.s. if i can. i might just say screw it tho

NOVAK

Bronze
Nope not at all. i work graveyard at a shipping company. and i work in the freezer and we have freezer suits, i went on break and grabed my phone outa my locker and when i came back in from break i forgot it was in my chest pocket of my suit and it slid out when i leaned down to fix my boots. it only fell from like 2 feet but it cracked.. hold on ill take a pic and post it. its bad haha

I broke mine the same exact way! Fell out of my shirt pocket when I leaned over to fix my boot! Damn. Check out my other post on screen replacement:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/broken-iphone-3g-part-replacement-guide.30351/

Make sure you get a screen with a digitizer. Its all you need to fix your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

NOVAK

Bronze
Just pry the glass off of the plastic housing. Try to break some of the lower pieces of glass off so you have an easier time prying it off.

Aug 12, 2008
I broke mine the same exact way! Fell out of my shirt pocket when I leaned over to fix my boot! Damn. Check out my other post on screen replacement:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/broken-iphone-3g-part-replacement-guide.30351/

Make sure you get a screen with a digitizer. Its all you need to fix your phone.
yes but idk if i can trust tha one place you posted... the 69.99 one.. they ship outa hong kong... not the u.s. haha. thos fools might be shady haha

NOVAK

Bronze

NOVAK

Bronze
Aug 12, 2008
yup everything works. lcd and all... i can even text where the really bad cracked parts are.. just its hard to read some stuff haha