Cracking Australian 3G iPhone Sware 2.30.03

Aug 17, 2008
Hi guys,

Proud owner of 16gig iPhone for couple of months now and as per most people, I wish to JB it to customize message and email tones, I have a ringer program that does the ringtones for me, the ability to mms if only to receive would be handy also.

I will be using a Win Vista desktop to JB it, however I need to know the best program to JB it with and whatever additional programs I will need to install in order to get it working the way I wish. The firmware version of the phone is 2.30.03, have never JB'd a iPhone before so help would be appreciated.

I have perused the other thread(s) on it but cannot get a clear indication of exactly what I require. Can someone please point me in the right direction with an easy step by step guide as to what to do, and as to what programs are required to both JB it and also be able to change the message/email tones.

All help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Check your firmware number. The latest is 2.2.1, there is no 2.30.03.

When you know that correctly, got to iclarified.com and look for tutorials. You'll find an excellent tutorial there for jailbreaking your firmware.

Aug 17, 2008
My apologies, shows how much I do know, indeed it is 2.2.1, I was looking at the Modem Firmware.........

:oops:

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
iClarified has some very good tutorials, also are you using a Mac or PC?

For the Pc its quickpwn and Mac is pwnage tool to JB.