Cradle no longer working properly...

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I have been using my cradle to send my iPhone music through the stereo (with a cord plugged into the Line Out plug on the back). Typically as soon as I plug the phone into the cradle, the music it's playing is silenced on the phone and sent out the Line Out port.

Now all of a sudden that doesn't work. I plug it into the cradle and the music keeps playing out of the phone and won't play out of the stereo. If I plug it into the computer, the iPhone is detected, so the cradle still works from that perspective.

Is there some setting or something that will force the signal out the Line Out port? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Ryan

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Check the cable. Since the iPhone is still playing audio from the built in speaker it is not detecting there is a cable plugged in to the cradle.

or

Put the end of the cable that you plug in to the doc in your mouth for a second, then plug it in. Since saliva is conductive it could help the plug make a better connection.

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
It's actually not the cable--it's just the cradle (with the cable detached from it). It's strange b/c the computer detects it (when I attach the cable and hook it to the computer), so I know it's seated in the cradle properly, but it just won't divert the ouput to the Line Out when I move it to the stereo.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It's actually not the cable--it's just the cradle (with the cable detached from it). It's strange b/c the computer detects it (when I attach the cable and hook it to the computer), so I know it's seated in the cradle properly, but it just won't divert the ouput to the Line Out when I move it to the stereo.
Have you rebooted the iPhone?