Crash report files sent to Apple while in sync

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I had my one week old 16G iPhone replaced today. Signal kept going from one bar to 4 or 5... Four or five calls went right to voice mail never rang. I had several dropped calls... all in one week. During my sync/restore on my new phone, I received a message: Your phone contains information that is helpful to Apple, would you like to send this information? I did and I also opened up the file. It contained crash reports... I "clicked" on one and it opened up showing all details of what was happening during the crash. Very detailed information. I was kind of surprised to see that I had about ten or so crashes in one week. I had a 1st Gen. and never came across this message. Has anyone else seen this before?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I had my one week old 16G iPhone replaced today. Signal kept going from one bar to 4 or 5... Four or five calls went right to voice mail never rang. I had several dropped calls... all in one week. During my sync/restore on my new phone, I received a message: Your phone contains information that is helpful to Apple, would you like to send this information? I did and I also opened up the file. It contained crash reports... I "clicked" on one and it opened up showing all details of what was happening during the crash. Very detailed information. I was kind of surprised to see that I had about ten or so crashes in one week. I had a 1st Gen. and never came across this message. Has anyone else seen this before?
Yupp. Btw, I saw this only on 3G (2.0) too.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This happened to v1 one too. Every time something happens with your iPhone(Crashes, errors) It is logged and sent to Apple through iTunes. Most people select to not be reminded anymore and that is why most people never even notice it but its always happening.

mattdez

Jul 19, 2008
Where is the crash report saved on your computer? I'm curious as to what is in mine.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Mine crashed last night after installing the facebook app. I could not get back to the home screen nor turn the phone off so I hooked it up to iTunes to do a restore and I saw 3 hours was the length of time for a restore I got pissed and unplugged it and then held the home button and sleep button down and voila is shut down. I then turned it back on and all is well. It freaked me out. :eek: When is the update for 2.0 coming?