Crashing problem

nhkid

Jul 30, 2007
My 3g keeps crashing on me. I can be in an app or sometimes just moving through the pages and the screen goes black and the little wheel appears and the phone shut down. I have to hold the power button down to make it power up. A few times I had to hold the power and home button down to reboot it.

Has anyone else had this issue. I restored it tonight and it contiunes to do this. I have an appt at the Apple store tomorrow which was made through Apple Support.

I think the problem is related to the battery as there have been times when it crashes and then when I power it back on the battery shows almost empty when it was full before the crash.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
definitely not normal. Are you jailbroken?

nhkid

Jul 30, 2007
No its stock. I just don't want to drive 90 mins to the Apple store and not be able to duplicate the problem. I just want an exchange and be on my way. The support dude send his notes to the store so I guess I'll see.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm sure if you give them specific details about the problem, they will replace it for you once they go through the obvious troubleshooting steps.

nhkid

Jul 30, 2007
Well they reluctantly replaced my phone. When I brought it in the phone would just power on then shut right off. They did a restore in the store and of course it was working then. But they saw the light and gave me a new one.