Crazy 3.0 problem NEED HELP!

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I upgraded to 3.0 GM yesterday and all was well. MMS was working for the first time and i was thrilled. Today, MMS stopped working. I restarted the phone and the option to even insert an image was gone(see picture). Also MMS was taken out of messages. I restored and after the whole process, the problem persisted. When i went to put on the 5.0 ipcc file after restore, iTunes wouldn't let me select it. Does anyone know what is going on and how i fix it.
crap!! 001.jpg crap!! 002.jpg
crap!! 003.jpg

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
In beta 5 and the GM those options were removed so that we couldn't use them until AT&T officially supported it. What you would need to try is to get the iTunes released at the same time as beta 4 and use it to put a hacked ipcc on the phone. There is no guarantee this will work but it is worth a try.

EDIT: or that^^^, lol

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I upgraded to 3.0 GM yesterday and all was well. MMS was working for the first time and i was thrilled. Today, MMS stopped working. I restarted the phone and the option to even insert an image was gone(see picture). Also MMS was taken out of messages. I restored and after the whole process, the problem persisted. When i went to put on the 5.0 ipcc file after restore, iTunes wouldn't let me select it. Does anyone know what is going on and how i fix it.
i know exactly why this happened. you at some point before going back to messaged app toggled off and on your MMS switch. i just did this and it is now gone. it was there before tried the toggle, now its gone..... going to reinstall 5.0 ipcc file to try to put it back.

so everyon who has MMS on DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT toggle off and on the MMS switch n settings.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
nope it didn't come back. i need to try to go back to the stock one and then to the 5.0 again. any one have the stock 4.0 ipcc file from the GM release

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
i know exactly why this happened. you at some point before going back to messaged app toggled off and on your MMS switch. i just did this and it is now gone. it was there before tried the toggle, now its gone..... going to reinstall 5.0 ipcc file to try to put it back.

so everyon who has MMS on DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT toggle off and on the MMS switch n settings.

thanks
Wow I must be very lucky with this whole mms thing, first off I have had mms working since beta 1 and I have toggled mms on and off (even on beta 5 and GM seed) just to see what it would do and I haven't lost it. I would still say to avoid doing it since you don't have.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
Wow I must be very lucky with this whole mms thing, first off I have had mms working since beta 1 and I have toggled mms on and off (even on beta 5 and GM seed) just to see what it would do and I haven't lost it. I would still say to avoid doing it since you don't have.
ill tell you what, you are luck, you have been trying to help me with this for a couple of days now, and still nothing. you wouldn't happen to have saved the stock ipcc file from any of the betas, and/or the GM would ya?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
ill tell you what, you are luck, you have been trying to help me with this for a couple of days now, and still nothing. you wouldn't happen to have saved the stock ipcc file from any of the betas, and/or the GM would ya?
What will really prove if I am lucky or not will be is if I can get my 3GS to show the mms options. Yeah I'll send you it.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
G/L on that, thanks "again" ;):laugh2:
I know! Now that is what is going to really bother me since I've had it this long. I'm sure the second I am without it I will be calling AT&T and bugging them to hurry up and get it supported. Not a problem, I just hope it helps :)

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
well that didn't work..... the 3.5 file actually put me on 4.0, but updating to 5.0 didn't add the icon back.... i gotta try a full restore.:(

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
well that didn't work..... the 3.5 file actually put me on 4.0, but updating to 5.0 didn't add the icon back.... i gotta try a full restore.:(
Hmm that's weird, then I wonder if there isn't any difference between 3.5 and 4.0. I don't know why'd they just change the number.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Same here for me!

Hmm that's weird, then I wonder if there isn't any difference between 3.5 and 4.0. I don't know why'd they just change the number.
I'm going to try the one I have thats 32.9kb.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I know! Now that is what is going to really bother me since I've had it this long. I'm sure the second I am without it I will be calling AT&T and bugging them to hurry up and get it supported. Not a problem, I just hope it helps :)
BTW if you go to attwireless.com and log into your account there you can actually select the standard plan if you had it at one pont with the iPhone. i check now and again.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
The other carrier file I have done the same, still 4.0 . iphun's on to something, it changes it with the 3.0GM. Any other suggestions?

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
well i did a full restore, and had it back on 4.0ipcc, then add the 5.0 file, and still no icon. i know the 5.0 took, cause it says it under carrier, and i have the "cellular data network" menu it adds. but something is different about when i added the file today compared to last night. last night running the loading box, it did a quick little sync. the only thing i changed was that. but today when i do it, it only does the loading box..........

ps i know this is the exact same message as in another thread, but i am commenting in both for other peoples sake....:laugh2:

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
BTW if you go to attwireless.com and log into your account there you can actually select the standard plan if you had it at one pont with the iPhone. i check now and again.
Do you mean the texting plan? Cause I have the Family Unlimited one which they cannot switch to an iPhone one. Although for anyone on an iPhone messaging plan who plans on using mms if they get it to work needs to switch to a normal one so they don't get charged per mms.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
Do you mean the texting plan? Cause I have the Family Unlimited one which they cannot switch to an iPhone one. Although for anyone on an iPhone messaging plan who plans on using mms if they get it to work needs to switch to a normal one so they don't get charged per mms.
right i thought that is what you meant by "supported" but you meant "get their sh!t together, and make it work"...... but yes switch it to a standard plan. doesn't that mean "provisioned" cause if im wrong this could be my problem.
besides the whole you know LOSING MY ICON!