Crazy issue I discovered with my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
So I kept getting this static/feedback sound over my PC speakers recently. It would happen periodically but I couldn't figure out why it was doing it or what started it.

I just figured it out.

My iPhone was laying next to my speakers and it rang... when it rang the static went crazy. Any time my iPhone accesses the AT&T network it causes static over my speakers if it's close enough to the computer. My Moto Q doesn't do this...

Crazy. :p

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
this happens with all phones using gsm...im guessing your moto q was either sprint or verizon, so thats why there is no static...i personally think that speaker static is a joke and its annoying, but at least i know when im going to get a call...it starts to go crazy even before my phone rings. i have it check my gmail every 15 minutes, so when it does that, the static is there as well...

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
my cingualar/att phones have always done this....though i didn't used the net on them......now with the net, the phone makes that noise all the time

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
every phone in the world has done this always. Ask any guitar or bass player (or any amplified instument) and they'll tell you never to put your phone on your amp (or near the pickups) because of this sound. It only happens when you get a call though you shouldnt get it all the time

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, my Moto Q is a Verizon phone so that's why I've never heard it before. I didn't know this about GSM, kind of odd. It's going to give me a brain tumor, I just know it and my speakers freaking out is now a constant reminder. :p

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Not just PCs but on my iMac also

Wow, I thought I was the only one. It only happens for me when I first connect the sync cord. So I have learned to put my hand over the antenna area and it mutes the static... Never happened with my Q or Treo on Verizon so I was surprised...

apercele79

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
this happens with all phones using gsm...im guessing your moto q was either sprint or verizon, so thats why there is no static...i personally think that speaker static is a joke and its annoying, but at least i know when im going to get a call...it starts to go crazy even before my phone rings. i have it check my gmail every 15 minutes, so when it does that, the static is there as well...

hahaha thats how it is everytime i go to europe...the TV goes crazy 5 seconds before the phone actually rings :laugh2:

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Happens to me as well. I had the phone sitting next to my alarm radio the first evening I had it, and the damn noise woke me up twice before I realized it was the iPhone.

At work, I had to turn my speakers off because it wasn't only annoying me, but my coworkers as well.

And it's true, I never experienced this with sprint phones. No big deal though since I've figured out how to deal with it.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
My speakers do the same thing, which sucks because it means I can't leave my phone on my desk to charge over night. Every 15 minutes the speakers make that crappy sound and it wakes me up.

- SR