Crazy - World's Tallest Outdoor Glass Elevator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
HA - true that - my daughter has now taking to walking down supermarket toy aisles yelling "Is this made in China Mom?"
LMFAO!

i would so do the thing they did in Ferris Buellers Day Off where they lean up against the glass..

i like heights :D
vertigo=fun

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Wow - that's some serious liking of heights!
with my love of rollercoasters went my fear of heights.

funny thing is, i used to be scared of rollercoasters too..

and to be honest, i don't have many things im scared of.

fears:spiders, cochroaches, family dying, having my child born with a birth-defect

that's all. :\

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
****roaches = definitely on my list too. I lived in Miami for some years, and those things are freakin' indestructible. Had a job where we used to have to take out massive garbage cans, only way to carry 'em was the kinda over the shoulder carry and two days outta three you'e be halfway down the alley to the dumpster and one of those tossers the size of a small dog would go running down your arm. Didn't know a single guy who didn't scream like a small girl when that happened ...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
****roaches = definitely on my list too. I lived in Miami for some years, and those things are freakin' indestructible. Had a job where we used to have to take out massive garbage cans, only way to carry 'em was the kinda over the shoulder carry and two days outta three you'e be halfway down the alley to the dumpster and one of those tossers the size of a small dog would go running down your arm. Didn't know a single guy who didn't scream like a small girl when that happened ...
i just freak when they're in my house.. i SLEEP THERE! and i've heard that on average, 8bugs crawl into your mouth while sleeping a year :mad:

but like after seeing it, i HAVE to kill it! i switch into killer mode and i smash the $H!7 out of it :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

Bahahaha that's awesome. While I have to agree that ****roaches are gross, they don't frighten me in the same way that spiders too. I am ABSOLUTELY mortified of spiders. I don't care how small it is, if it is ANYWHERE near me I get close to the verge of passing out. I know, pathetic.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Have to kill them and killer mode = yup, same here - that's why I mentioned indestructible - you seriously do have to smash the shite out of 'em in order fro them to even pretend to be dead. Generally they just take your best shot, start walking along again, and flip you off on their way past.

Spiders = not fond of them either, but they're not as gross as ****roaches - not sensible but hey ...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Have to kill them and killer mode = yup, same here - that's why I mentioned indestructible - you seriously do have to smash the shite out of 'em in order fro them to even pretend to be dead. Generally they just take your best shot, start walking along again, and flip you off on their way past.

Spiders = not fond of them either, but they're not as gross as ****roaches - not sensible but hey ...
those skeezas survived what the dinosaurs couldn't... that's scary enough (o.o; )

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007

You've got to be kidding me. Spiders are the Samurai of the arthropodae, a rare combination of hunter and artisan. They're not parasites, neither are they lowly scavengers. The skill with which they weave their webs, and the efficiency of capturing their prey are both enviable and fascinating.

Bringing this back to iPhone, this thread and the thread on the Jawbone headset have given me a great idea for a BT "skin" and just in time for Halloween:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You've got to be kidding me. Spiders are the Samurai of the arthropodae, a rare combination of hunter and artisan. They're not parasites, neither are they lowly scavengers. The skill with which they weave their webs, and the efficiency of capturing their prey are both enviable and fascinating.

Bringing this back to iPhone, this thread and the thread on the Jawbone headset have given me a great idea for a BT "skin" and just in time for Halloween

I just had a mini aneurism just looking at this. Also, reading what you said about their skills made me get goosebumps. No lie.

Last edited by a moderator: