Create New Mailboxes?

abb

Jun 27, 2009
How do you create new mailboxes in the email app? I only have Inbox and Trash, and have not found how to make new ones.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Add them from your PC. I use yahoo mail so I open y.m. on my PC and add or delete mail boxes.

abb

Jun 27, 2009
I use a POP3 mail server so that doesn't work. There must be a way to create a mailbox when you retrieve messages directly!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
POP 3 is limited to standard setups. If you want new folders and such, you need an account that can be setup IMAP, such as Gmail or Yahoo. Then, any folders you add to your account on the PC will show up in your mail application. Plus, unlike POP, every time you are in the mail app using an IMAP account, whatever changes you make -whether it's on the PC or on the phone, are automatically reflected and synced.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I use a POP3 mail server so that doesn't work. There must be a way to create a mailbox when you retrieve messages directly!
As soon as you send an emil, a "Sent" folder will be created. You can create a "Drafts" folder by starting an email and hit cancel. You will then get a popup that says "Save"-"Don't Save" Choose "Save" and you will have a "Drafts" folder.

abb

Jun 27, 2009
Thanks - I guess I can use the "Sent" box to store messages. But it seems fairly primitive that you can't set up folders to save and sort new messages!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Again, Abb.... I don't know what you are using for a mail service, but I would strongly recommend getting a google or yahoo account that you can setup IMAP, so that you can have all the organizational folders you want.

fv477

Oct 8, 2009
Doesn't work. The "draft" folder is created but upon attempting to move an existing message to a folder, the draft folder is not offered as an option.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
The draft folder will only hold outgoing messages that you create and don't finish. Once you finish and send the message it will disappear from the draft folder. The draft folder is not intended to be a folder for storing emails that you want to save.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I am sick and tired myself of not being able to create different folders and such I would love to be able to do this especially with getting 25-30 emails on a daily basis its get hectic.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Just change to a gmail or yahoo account or have your email forwarded to gmail or yahoo. I got tired of fighting it and just gave in and after 6 months it's working fine for me. Unless you have some corporate account email accounts come and go and there's no way I'm gonna be stuck with only inbox and sent. I gotta have folders so I adapted and it's works great.:)