Creating/modifying spreadsheets

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
The one thing I'm still missing on my phone is the ability to use spreadsheets to track expenses. There are some webapps out there for this, but they don't really do what I need them to do. Is there anything else that can be used to create spreadsheets?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Files2iPhone (www.f2p.com) can do it, but it's not free--there is a free trial. It's not a native app (no jailbreak needed) but it does seem to be pretty good at editing remote spreadsheets. Benefit is that you are editing the document right on your desktop computer.

What I use, ironically mostly for expense sheets, is www.editgrid.com/iPhone. It has plenty of editing options. I actually uploaded a few XLS files (used my desktop PC) so the spreadsheets I use are my own. I grab them as needed when back to me PC.

--
Mike

Sep 28, 2007
I second editgrid. doesn't use the new 2007 excel file types but just convert to xls and it should work. It keeps all the formatting too AFAIK. But its a webapp so i don't know if you want something like that.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It would be nice to have some apps to edit Excel docs and word docs. The guys over at DocumentsToGo said that once Apple releases the SDK they will be working on a DocumentsToGo for the iPhone.

Have you tried the Google spreadsheet? They've got a decent mobile version IIRC.