Creating New Photo Albums and Syncing Photos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
There must be something I'm doing wrong. When I try to sync new photos to my iPhone it deletes all the old ones instead of adding to them or creating a new albums. How does one create new albums in iPhone? And what's the proper way to sync? A "12 o'clock flasher" step-by-step would be appreciated, please.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Click on the photos tab in iTunes with your iPhone connected.

Change 'sync all' to 'sync selected albums'

Then check the albums you want to copy over to the Phone. This will create the Albums/Folders on the iPhone.

If there are no albums listed you will need to go to your photo application on your computer and create them.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

Then check the albums you want to copy over to the Phone. This will create the Albums/Folders on the iPhone.

If there are no albums listed you will need to go to your photo application on your computer and create them.
Ha-ha...now that makes a lot of sense! and I saw what I had been doing wrong. In the "sync photo from" field I had a sub-directory instead of the root folder, so the "selected folder" option was greyed out. It's all good now. Thanks again.

MElikE

Sep 17, 2007
Texas!

Could you explain about "go to your photo application on your computer" This will creat a second album on your iPhone?
thank you!