Creating ringtones using YouTube and Garageband

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ajstarr23

Nov 23, 2007
I'm new to the forum, and I apologize if this method has been posted before, but I think it is a pretty cool way to create ringtones for the iPhone.

If you don't have the mp3 of a song you like, search youtube for the music video. Then, open up garage band, and delete the grand piano track. Then, select new track, choose real instrument track. Then, make sure that you are in a quiet room, start the video, and press record in garage band. Close youtube, edit the song to the proper length, and export the ringtone to iTunes.

Sync your phone, and enjoy the new tone.:laugh2:

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Just grand and click the song from iTunes to garage band. And then after that select the section you want and then click share then send ringtone to iTunes. There is a tutorial on the Apple site

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I'm new to the forum, and I apologize if this method has been posted before, but I think it is a pretty cool way to create ringtones for the iPhone.

If you don't have the mp3 of a song you like, search youtube for the music video. Then, open up garage band, and delete the grand piano track. Then, select new track, choose real instrument track. Then, make sure that you are in a quiet room, start the video, and press record in garage band. Close youtube, edit the song to the proper length, and export the ringtone to iTunes.

Sync your phone, and enjoy the new tone.:laugh2:

You can use a freeware software called audacity which can convert the musi to mp3 then import into iTunes for ringtones as well.

FredJones

Mar 17, 2008
ToneCranker.com

You can also use the free site ToneCranker.com to generate the MP3 ringtone and send it to your cell all in one shot. You just enter the address of the Youtube video, select some options and it does the rest.

myrawr

May 21, 2008
easiest way to do this is to use this free online ringtone maker

Very easy to use, all you need to do is paste the youtube video URL and it will extract the audio and bring you to the free online editor. Very quick and efficient and most important it works and its free.