Credit Check / FAN# discounts

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Hey everyone. I just went into to my local ATT and got preapproved for the iPhone 3G. No deposit needed for me. Thank goodness. $500 is just unbelievable. Also the guy told me I was eligible for my 24% discount through the company I work for. I didn't even have to ask, he just told me while he was entering my info. He said it didn't work for the original iPhone, but it does now. Hopefully this question can be put to rest.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Hey everyone. I just went into to my local ATT and got preapproved for the iPhone 3G. No deposit needed for me. Thank goodness. $500 is just unbelievable. Also the guy told me I was eligible for my 24% discount through the company I work for. I didn't even have to ask, he just told me while he was entering my info. He said it didn't work for the original iPhone, but it does now. Hopefully this question can be put to rest.
SWEET :) Did you try/ask if the pre-approval could be used at an Apple Store? You get a receipt or they just keep it in their systems?

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
That's awesome. I was wondering if they were going to allow discounts for it. I wasn't counting on it. I get a 5% discount on purchases and off my bill each month for being law enforcement. Not much (definitely no 24%), but better than nothing.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
SWEET :) Did you try/ask if the pre-approval could be used at an Apple Store? You get a receipt or they just keep it in their systems?
didn't ask about Apple. they keep the credit check in the system. he gave me a reference number but no receipt.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
That's awesome. I was wondering if they were going to allow discounts for it. I wasn't counting on it. I get a 5% discount on purchases and off my bill each month for being law enforcement. Not much (definitely no 24%), but better than nothing.
just to be clear. there is no discount on the phone itself, just the voice and data plan

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
didn't ask about Apple. they keep the credit check in the system. he gave me a reference number but no receipt.
I think I'll go to the Apple Store first and see if they'll do the same ;)
I'll be sure to report back :)

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
So if I'm currently eligible for a 15% service discount through my company, would that 15% apply to my plan as whole when I get the new iPhone?

I have one line now and I'm going to be adding a line in order to get the subsidized price. So, if I were to get on a family talk plan for 69.99 and add the 30.00 data plan, putting me at 100 even we'll say, would that give me 15 dollars off my monthly bill?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
So if I'm currently eligible for a 15% service discount through my company, would that 15% apply to my plan as whole when I get the new iPhone?

I have one line now and I'm going to be adding a line in order to get the subsidized price. So, if I were to get on a family talk plan for 69.99 and add the 30.00 data plan, putting me at 100 even we'll say, would that give me 15 dollars off my monthly bill?
yes i believe your correct, unless you company has some special rules

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
does this apply to text plans too?
Actually i think text plans are excluded by ATT for any discount. Not positive about this, but I believe it discounts voice and data only. Anything else like navigation, MMS, SMS, will not be discounted to my knowledge

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I think I'll go to the Apple Store first and see if they'll do the same ;)
I'll be sure to report back :)
I'm good to go for Friday. No deposits or higher rate for me. They told me to just pick my text plan and come on in :laugh2: Friday.