Crossing my fingers...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So my wife was never thrilled with my purchase of the iPhone considering my relative love for my old smartphone (plus the price of the new one). But over time, she's come to appreciate all it can do. She's never had a data plan, and I really want her to experience the fun of internet all the time, so I've pretty much decided she needs an iPhone too.

Our friend was going to sell us his for $100 (long story short, he got it for free because of serious activation woes, he wants a 16 gig, he owes us) when the 16 gigger dropped to $399. Well, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Then I see refurbed 8's for $250? That's pretty good, and worth pouncing on.

So I tried the AT&T store nearby and they said they get them in, but are sold out currently. So I'm trying the Apple store tomorrow and swooping by to get one if they're in. Unless someone can tell me for certain that there will be a price drop in the near future...

Weird to think my wife might be hanging out here soon...

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Uh oh. Will you wife be able to talk to us, or will you have her caged up?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Uh oh. Will you wife be able to talk to us, or will you have her caged up?
Why do you try so hard? What the hell does that even mean?

In all honesty, she probably won't show up here but to make fun of me.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I'm not sure if the Apple store will have those 8 gig iPhones for 250$ because you have to actually sign the contract before you can purchase it at that price.

They are really trying to get those unlockers...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm not sure if the Apple store will have those 8 gig iPhones for 250$ because you have to actually sign the contract before you can purchase it at that price.

They are really trying to get those unlockers...
Interesting. I'll let you know what they say.

If not, I'll keep hounding the AT&T stores in the area. I'm off till 6 tomorrow :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Okay, I give. I have refrained from asking, because I know I don't have access to the latest terms the you all do...BUT WHAT THE HECK DOES "FTW" MEAN?

Thanks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Fucks the World

or

For the Win

Next time that happens, just type it into google. It's probably popular enough to be the first result (as in this case)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Okay, I give. I have refrained from asking, because I know I don't have access to the latest terms the you all do...BUT WHAT THE HECK DOES "FTW" MEAN?

Thanks.
For the win. FTL obviously means for the lose, too.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, Apple only sells them online, and the special appears to be over according to their site. But I tracked some down at another AT&T store nearby and we're off to get one right now! Another addition to the iPhone family...

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Well, Apple only sells them online, and the special appears to be over according to their site. But I tracked some down at another AT&T store nearby and we're off to get one right now! Another addition to the iPhone family...

Cool. I just got back from the AT&T store right now. Picked up a fresh new 8GB.:laugh2: They are being a lot more cautious to unlockers, they even asked to see my id before they would sell me one. Not that I would unlock it, AT&T is unmatched in reception in my area.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Good stuff - hope you nab one. I think my wife is gradually coming round to admiring the iPhone as well ...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Did you get her one?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Good stuff - hope you nab one. I think my wife is gradually coming round to admiring the iPhone as well ...
Just like my avatar says..Resistance is futile! You either love it, love to hate it, ot hate to love it.:p I fall under the third category.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Thanks.
LoL, don't feel bad, I still have trouble with these also. I have to stare at it for a moment then I say ta hell with it and move on through the paragraph.:p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So my wife was never thrilled with my purchase of the iPhone considering my relative love for my old smartphone (plus the price of the new one). But over time, she's come to appreciate all it can do. She's never had a data plan, and I really want her to experience the fun of internet all the time, so I've pretty much decided she needs an iPhone too.

Our friend was going to sell us his for $100 (long story short, he got it for free because of serious activation woes, he wants a 16 gig, he owes us) when the 16 gigger dropped to $399. Well, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Then I see refurbed 8's for $250? That's pretty good, and worth pouncing on.

So I tried the AT&T store nearby and they said they get them in, but are sold out currently. So I'm trying the Apple store tomorrow and swooping by to get one if they're in. Unless someone can tell me for certain that there will be a price drop in the near future...

Weird to think my wife might be hanging out here soon...
Haha, keep us up to date on how much she's enjoying herself!

Our wife's seem somewhat similar when it comes to our gadget purchases, she still can't believe I wanna spend 500 bucks on my next phone, she'll see though, cause I'm thinking of getting her one the day I get mine. She's the type that just doesn't know she'd like it or not, but if I know her well enough, I'll play with mine for a week and then it'll be very difficult to pry it from her hands...so I'm gonna try and skip that ordeal.;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well the purchase was unexceptional... No ID or extra paperwork or anything out of the ordinary. They had 4 giggers for $199 but of course we got the 8

We both had the afternoon off, so I set her up, jailbroke her, gave her a few pointers and let her go to town. She's VERY happy and glad we got it before going home for Easter. The family expects me to have the latest tech, but it's pretty hip for her.

Tap tap revolution rocks her entire being at the moment. She's pretty good!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well the purchase was unexceptional... No ID or extra paperwork or anything out of the ordinary. They had 4 giggers for $199 but of course we got the 8

We both had the afternoon off, so I set her up, jailbroke her, gave her a few pointers and let her go to town. She's VERY happy and glad we got it before going home for Easter. The family expects me to have the latest tech, but it's pretty hip for her.

That really is great man. Glad she's in love with it. I'm sure my wife will have the same reaction...well...until the first bill rolls in, but have fun till then!:p

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008

I had a little chuckle over that. I can't wait to get her feedback on the phone! You're having a fun weekend, aren't you?