Cryptic message...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cpl55

May 25, 2007
My iPhone started displaying a strange message yesterday, underneath the time where it usually displays the date on the "locked" screen. Instead of "Monday, August 6, 2007" it displayed "Better Off". Other than providing me with some philosophical contemplation, I can't figure out the purpose of that! Sort of ominous... my battery life was fine, and a soft reset got rid of this message, and now it's back to normal, displaying the date. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on why it would do that?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It's the last track played in the iPod app, that's all. It gets "stuck" if the iPod app is terminated abnormally.

Start the iPod app, play a track, pause the track, and the message will be removed.

--
Mike

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
haha yeah hes right. this reminds me of the same thing someone said like a few weeks back :p
Today I noticed something really funny / stupid.

On my startup / sleep / slide to unlock screen
it says Congeniality right below the time.

Is my phone trying to tell me something?

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
That is weird I got the same thing one time but it was some four or five word cryptic quote. I did not write it down so can't tell you what it said. It just kinda freaked me so I shut down and turned on and it was gone. Maybe an "egg"?