Crystal Clear YouTube on Edge?

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
So I'm at work and just pulled up a YouTube video on my phone, and it was crystal clear! And I'm on Edge, so is it possible the update had something to do with that as well? I hardly ever pull anything up on it unless I am on wifi, but I was shocked. Anyone else notice this or know why?:laugh2:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
not for me I am still getting a crap picture when using edge did you watch more then just one video?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Are you sure that wifi was not connected but had a poor wifi signal and still showed edge logo I have that happen sometimes...but never got a clear edge youtube showing.. Would be nice though..

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
every once in a while I will get a good looking video on you tube on edge. But not very often, and not on any video that is longer than 30 seconds.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I tried again with watching one of my own and it was fuzzy. I was on edge, I just turned my wifi on once I got home. False alarm I guess.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Whenever I click the YouTube tab the vids come up nice if the people who uploaded them converted to flv themselves rather than allow YouTube to do it. Besides that - they're crap.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
YouTube application is such a waste, takes days to download anything and I live in the bay area.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i like it.. i get ok reception with it .. i think its cool, i have vids up on youtube... so i like it

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Before when i tried to access youtube on the EDGE network it would say you need to be connected to Wifi to view youtube, now it works on EDGE, but im still on jailbroken 1.1.3 so im guessing they must have upgraded EDGE across the board!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
it depends where you are. I've been syaing since 1.0.2 that Edge in Savannah Ga is excellent. That's properly because only 2 people in town own an iPhone! But up north where you guys are, edge properly sux because everyones using it.... Just my idea... I do KNOW that Edge is fricking Great in Savannah...

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
It could also be because of the other electronic interferences in the areas surrounding the large cities such as New York. I am in Phoenix and have great reception on Edge to include watching video's on Edge. I am sorry you guys have bad connections. Come on out here to sunny Arizona.