crystal film set help?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I have the worst effing luck with these stupid things.

Does anyone know how to clean them? I tried to put both of them on and both times there wound up being a piece of dust or cat hair in between the screen and the film, or my fingerprint would be left on the sticky side so it wouldn't stay down. It's so frustrating.

I tried washing the film in water but now they have streaks and water spots on them and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?

spaztaz

Jul 8, 2007
first of all you have to make sure there is no dust or hair in the area or on the iPhone before you peel the protector. in your case your protectors are pretty messed up and i assume u used both aalready (bad move). now wat you need to do is take scotch tape and use it to peel off the dust/hair/streaks from the back of the protector. don't use the same piece of tape too much because it wont pick up all the dirt. thats the only good way to repair a screen protector in my experience

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
"make sure there's not dust where you're working" I never understood that, even the cloth that came with the iPhone that I use to clean it before applying has dust on it. The packaging claims that they can be cleaned and re-applied so I don't understand why they won't clean well.

jasunto

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i usually buy those and put on latex gloves to dust and to put the protector on to avoid finger oils and finger prints

tortilla

Jul 1, 2007
www.iphonetypingtest.com
Best place to do it is in the bathroom after you've turned the hot shower on. I guess the steam will reduce the dust in the environment. I've never done this, but I read this on another board (treo) awhile back.

I applied the crystal film on my iPhone (last night) and noticed a hair...aaarrgh!

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Assemble everything you need on a well lit surface (dust it off if it needs it first).

- The screen protector
- A clean (unused or just laundered one preferable) microfiber cloth
- iPhone

Wash your hands with soap to get rid of any oils.

Clean the iPhone (I used the iKlear kit from the Apple store... Apple employee recommended, thank's bro!).

Set it down slowly so you don't stir up dust to settle on it, where you'll be able to see it (don't set it down so that when you go to put in the screen protector, your head and hands block the light you need to see to line things up!)

Prep the screen protector however it needs (don't be a spaz and stir up dust, if you're tearing into packaging, go somewhere else to do it, or do that as part of the prep before you start).

Hold you breath, and apply the screen protector carefuly (basically, don't huff and puff on the dust right beside your clean iPhone as you apply the screen protector).

Just basic stuff really. Get everything ready so that in the critical time between cleaning the iPhone and applying the film, you're not exposing the iPhone to dust collecting any longer than necessary and you're not doing anything that could stir up dust that you don't need to (for example, read the directions first, so you don't have to pick up the dusty piece of paper and hold it over the clean iPhone to read how to apply the screen protector!).

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have the worst effing luck with these stupid things.

Does anyone know how to clean them? I tried to put both of them on and both times there wound up being a piece of dust or cat hair in between the screen and the film, or my fingerprint would be left on the sticky side so it wouldn't stay down. It's so frustrating.

I tried washing the film in water but now they have streaks and water spots on them and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help?
I had the same problem, I knew washing it wasn't going to be a good idea so I just decided to pick up another set. I was much more careful with this set. Made sure the screen was extra clean and even tried not to breathe. I got it lined up perfectly with virtually no dust under the protector and now I still have a spare. It's worth the extra $15 do it right, I honestly cannot notice that the protector is even on the screen. Also, the screen is does not show fingerprints as it did before.