Crystal Film Set

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I was at the Apple store and saw the crystal film set they had. At first i thought that I would rather get the sheildzone screen cover(just for the screen) until i saw the crystal film on the employees iPhone. It really looks like it isn't even on. You have to really really look and the only way you can tell is by the cutout around the ear speaker and the home button, but still can bearly tell.

Now i have the sheild zone on my camera and had it on my black nano. I really like it for my camera screen but i had the full body on the nano and had to take it off. It changed the look of the nice satin black to a semi gloss look with a hint of an orange peel look. Also it left a lot of finger smuges.

The crystal film is like a hard plastic and is easier to install then the shield zone. I thought the sheildzone was easy but this doesn't get any simpler. I haven't had any smuges on the iPhone since i put it on... so far so good.

As for scratching I am still not sure. I only had it for 2 days and nothing yet.

here is the site and just thought i would let yall know....
http://www.powersupportusa.com/

stevenlue

Jul 12, 2007
I was at the Apple store and saw the crystal film set they had. At first i thought that I would rather get the sheildzone screen cover(just for the screen) until i saw the crystal film on the employees iPhone. It really looks like it isn't even on. You have to really really look and the only way you can tell is by the cutout around the ear speaker and the home button, but still can bearly tell.

Now i have the sheild zone on my camera and had it on my black nano. I really like it for my camera screen but i had the full body on the nano and had to take it off. It changed the look of the nice satin black to a semi gloss look with a hint of an orange peel look. Also it left a lot of finger smuges.

The crystal film is like a hard plastic and is easier to install then the shield zone. I thought the sheildzone was easy but this doesn't get any simpler. I haven't had any smuges on the iPhone since i put it on... so far so good.

As for scratching I am still not sure. I only had it for 2 days and nothing yet.

here is the site and just thought i would let yall know....
http://www.powersupportusa.com/
I just got the Crystal Film set from the Apple Store last night. It rocks! You can't even see it at all. The Apple employee told me I don't really need them because the glass doesn't scratch but I just feel better knowing there's some protection on the screen.

On another note, how cool is it that I can go to the Apple Store in NYC at 3am and it's open and crowded!

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I just got the Crystal Film set from the Apple Store last night. It rocks! You can't even see it at all. The Apple employee told me I don't really need them because the glass doesn't scratch but I just feel better knowing there's some protection on the screen.

On another note, how cool is it that I can go to the Apple Store in NYC at 3am and it's open and crowded!
The iPhone DOES scratch... Thats why i am on my second one.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
does the film stretch on to the chrome sides, like where people are saying they have damages from the incase?
The actual screen is very slightly recessed below the chrome bezel. With the crystal film its pretty much even. So to answer your question, the film does not protect the chrome, just the screen.