cure corrupt iPhone without restore possible?

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
I have a jailbroken iPhone running 3.0 (3G S) I want to get the mms carrier update, and simply sync my iPhone, but I can't because of this error message:

iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone “Your iPhone Name”. Go to the Summary tab in the iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore the iPhone to factory settings.

is there any way for me to do this without restoring my phone? I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 for JB and battery reasons, but I'm not gonna be able to sync/update my phone without it.

any info would be helpful, as I can't find any information about this in the era of Apple not letting one restore to 3.0. Thanks everyone.

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
Was you phone jailbroken? Reason I ask is if it was did you store you ECID info on Sauriks server? If so you can restore back to 3.0 or 3.0.1

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
Was you phone jailbroken? Reason I ask is if it was did you store you ECID info on Sauriks server? If so you can restore back to 3.0 or 3.0.1
I think I did. When I open cydia there is text at the top of the screen that says, "This device has a 3.1 ECID SHSH on File. However, common sense tells me that having a 3.1 ECID on file won't help me restore to 3.0. Is there any other way I can get around this? It feel like Dev Team is NEVER going to release the 3gs jailbreak tool.. :(

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
I'm sorry to keep bumping this, but Google is no help and I've always had success with this forum.

thanks