Current 3G owners can get 3G S for free and some pocket cash

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Just use the Bing trick to get a 3G S for $259/$324, then just unlock and eBay your 3G. They are currently going for between $350 and $550. This gets you the 3G S for free and you can make extra money as well, hundreds if you do it right. No more complaining!

Last edited by a moderator:

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
might work for some, but if we really want the 3Gs we'd be sort of stuck at paying the 699 price

AbSoluTc

Jun 11, 2009
Just use the Bing trick to get a 3G S for $259/$324, then just unlock and eBay your 3G. They are currently going for between $350 and $550. This gets you the 3G S for free and you can make extra money as well, hundreds if you do it right. No more complaining!
eBay 3G prices are nose diving. Which figures since everyone who owns one is listing them. I tried and pulled the auction a couple days later. I sold it locally for $400 cash. I only paid $300 for it. It was a 3G 16GB Black. I made $100 bux. I was lucky too. People wanting $500 for the phone I just sold are insane. They are not going to get it. Whats even crazier are people wanting $500 for an 8GB 3G. :eek:

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I thought the cash back was not eligible on upgrades.

MSN Cashback Rewards Terms & Conditions
Your participation in Live Search cashback (the "Program") on www.wireless.att.com is subject to the Microsoft Service Agreement terms at http://tou.live.com (the "Microsoft Program Terms") plus the additional terms and conditions below. In the event of a conflict between these additional terms and the Microsoft Program Terms, the terms below are controlling for your participation in the Program on www.wireless.att.com.

1.Additional Purchase Requirements. Your ability to earn cashback rewards ("Cashback Rewards") from Live Search for purchases on www.wireless.att.com is subject to the following additional requirements:

i.To be eligible to earn Cashback Rewards, you must access www.wireless.att.com via the AT&T paid search advertisement marked with the Live Search cashback logo and must successfuly complete an eligible purchase on www.att.com within the same web browsing session that was initiated via the AT&T paid search advertisement link, which session may not to exceed a 24 hour period. Ssuch 24 hour period shall be referred to herein as an "Online Session". Your ability to earn Cashback Rewards will automatically expire upon expiration of the Online Session. In addition, you will not earn cashback rewards on purchases where: (a) you open the AT&T store's web site in a different web browser; (b) your browser is not configured to accept cookies; or (c) the order is later cancelled or the goods or services are later returned.

ii.You must purchase the items specific to the cashback program and activate new wireless service on a qualified rate plan with a two¿year contract. Upgrades, add-a-lines and GoPhone (prepaid) service are not eligible for the cashback program.

iii.Cashback Rewards will apply to the price of a single wireless device with a qualified activation and accessories from www.wireless.att.com during a single Online Session. [Cashback Rewards will not be applied to any additional purchases. The price of accessories will qualify for the Cashback Reward only if purchased with a qualified device and activation. The following purchases on www.wireless.att.com are not eligible for Cashback Rewards ("Excluded AT&T Purchases"):

a.upgrades, add-a-lines or device purchases with GoPhone (prepaid) service;

b.purchases that are not completed using www.wireless.att.com's checkout flow

c.Purchases that have a total due today of zero

If you attempt to complete any of the above Excluded AT&T Purchases on www.wireless.att.com during an Online Session, you will not earn your Cashback reward. Please review these terms and conditions before you complete a purchase. www.wireless.att.com is the only AT&T website that is participating in the Program; purchases on any other AT&T website will not be eligible for Cashback Rewards;

iv.The Cashback Rewards that you are eligible to obtain from Live Search will be disclosed to you on the Live Search interstitial page and will be equal to a percentage off the final sale price of the total purchase during the Online Session (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees).

v.After your Cashback-eligible purchase is completed, you must go to your email and look for an email from Live Search cashbackwith "cashback" in the subject line. Set up a Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Program account, log into your Program account in order to associate your AT&T purchases with that account). You must set up a Program account with Microsoft in accordance with the Microsoft Program Terms to receive Cashback Rewards;

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Yeah, I mean I'm not upset at the policy, but that is the fine print. You don't see that when you click on the link, then sign in to the system and then go through the whole thing and pay for it.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I've read through the other thread and it looks like people got the 35% discount on upgrades. Can't we safely say that it works? At least for the $399/$499 upgrades?