current docks and cords work?

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I doubt anybody really knows, and they probably won't, but does anyone know if the current power cords and docks will work on the new one? Also I read that the new phone doesn't come with a dock!

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Tuaw says that the dock wont work but the power cord will.

Supposedly its $29 for the new dock

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Nope. The dock for the new one has a different "hole" size for the new one.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
30 bucks for the dock! Is this how Apple dropped the price of the new iPhone?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
30 bucks for the dock! Is this how Apple dropped the price of the new iPhone?
Yeah, looks like they no longer include the dock but you get the dock cable. I never use my dock anyway. :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah, looks like they no longer include the dock but you get the dock cable. I never use my dock anyway. :)
Me neither. It scratches the chrome too much. Well at least it scratched mine too much...and I was really careful too.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
haha, Apple has their ways to make that 200 back.
That really is just it, not sure if anyone caught it on the news but Apple is projecting a loss for next quarters profits as a result of dropping the cost of the hardware (iPhone). They left out that they are insisting that all apps cost something for download. Which should really help turn that loss around.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
That really is just it, not sure if anyone caught it on the news but Apple is projecting a loss for next quarters profits as a result of dropping the cost of the hardware (iPhone). They left out that they are insisting that all apps cost something for download. Which should really help turn that loss around.
No! Where did you read that? I just read today analysts upping Apple's target price. Don't think they would do that if Apple is projecting a loss. And they have more insiders than we do!

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Apple would not see a loss that quickly, plus the phones are subsidized by att so they wouldn't see a loss anyway.

Apple does routinely low ball their number as does google. Then they blow it out of the water and the stock flies.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Apple would not see a loss that quickly, plus the phones are subsidized by att so they wouldn't see a loss anyway.

Apple does routinely low ball their number as does google. Then they blow it out of the water and the stock flies.
isn't their something illegal relating to the subject:eek:

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Dude! do some research before you start talking and saying stuff .

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!

I doubt anybody really knows, and they probably won't, but does anyone know if the current power cords and docks will work on the new one? Also I read that the new phone doesn't come with a dock!