Current iPhone no longer available from online Apple Store

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I just checked an Apple's online store shows that the current iPhone is no longer available? What does that mean? Is there a new model set to replace it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
New iPhone coming out. 3G - Faster Internet - GPS system.

Also heard somthing about a 5.0 mega pixel camera but i don't know 100%.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
New iPhone coming out. 3G - Faster Internet - GPS system.

Also heard somthing about a 5.0 mega pixel camera but i don't know 100%.
5.0 mega pixel. That's it. I'm in LOVE!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Not sure, but Steve doesn't want to make me angry. He wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :cool:

Doesn't make sense from a businesss standpoint to go without new iPhone sales for the interim period leading up to the new iPhone release. Possibilities could include an earlier than expected release of the new iPhone. I seriously doubt this since I have not located any FCC filing associated with the 3G iPhone.

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Also, My local Apple store said if you have the original iPhone, you can upgrade to the newer one coming out mid-June. I hear people selling there iPhones for the new iPhone. So i just wanted to throw that out. I didn't hear anything on prices but i'm going to the mall tomorrow and i'm going to check things out with Apple, and At&t. I'll post here tomorrow on my information.

Edit 9:57 - 5/12/2008
Ok, a question that might sound odd: When one says "3G", correct me if im wron but they're refering to the faster internet that comes with the new iPhone?

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Something is def up with the no current iPhones being available. Thats funny Apple would just stop selling them a month or so before the "other" one comes out, just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I also find it odd that Apple would be willing to not sell iPhones for a full month prior to the new phones release. You would imagine they would continue to keep stock and then mark the price down to clear extra inventory. That way they continue to make money on sales and clear out the old inventories even faster.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Also, My local Apple store said if you have the original iPhone, you can upgrade to the newer one coming out mid-June. I hear people selling there iPhones for the new iPhone. So i just wanted to throw that out. I didn't hear anything on prices but i'm going to the mall tomorrow and i'm going to check things out with Apple, and At&t. I'll post here tomorrow on my information.
I'd love to have more information on this.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
First, please don't take ANY informatio you get from one of the people that work at ATT or Apple.

They don't know anything more then we do and that's a fact. If anything the people on this board know more then them and are potentially more correct at guessing.

This new phone has the ABILITY to have a 5MP camera because of the chipset it will use, but this doesn't mean it will have it.....my best guess is that they will stick to the same camera with no flash (maybe a 3MP camera...but still no frills)

The reason Apple doesn't have any iPhones to sell is up to anyones guess, but the most businesss likely answer is because they miscalculated production to demand. Don't get it wrong they...their are tons of Version 1 iPhones still in Apple and ATT stores, they are just reserved for people with problems that need a new phone. Same with refurbs.

Hope that clears some things up