Current iPhone owners..What r u doing in June?

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
It seems recently almost everyday I hear something else about the new 3G model. If indeed it is coming out in June (or around that time) what are some of you current iPhone users plans..? Are you keeping yours? Are you going to try to sell and buy the new one? Wait for the price drop on the new one? I bought mine in November and have no clue..I love mine but kinda want the new one too...I apologize if this question has been asked before, I searched and couldn't find anything...thanks...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think I can live with being "low tech" for the life cycle of the phone... hopefully at least two years.

I like connectivity, but I'm a patient guy. Hell, at least I have an iPhone.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I mean im fine with the iPhone as it is now. I would love a new one but I'll probably keep my current one for awhile.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
What if it has even more to offer than 3g? GPS? Higher MP Camera? Front Facing Camera (video Conferencing)? Better Screen? Thinner? Longer Battery Life?

Would you upgrade then?

:laugh2:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'll keep mine and jailbreak it again. I want the best of both worlds. Once the new iPhone comes out I'll wait a while and see what everyone says about it first.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What if it has even more to offer than 3g? GPS? Higher MP Camera? Front Facing Camera (video Conferencing)? Better Screen? Thinner? Longer Battery Life?

Would you upgrade then?

:laugh2:
Of those you mentioned? Seriously, none of them are deal-breakers for me. My iPhone is truly remarkable, and it's not going to suddenly become unremarkable just because one comes out with better features.

Don't get me wrong. I'm usually that guy that NEEDS the new features! But I think Apple almost made this phone TOO good in regards to software expandability. There's little beyond the current form factor that I could imagine being an improvement.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Of those you mentioned? Seriously, none of them are deal-breakers for me. My iPhone is truly remarkable, and it's not going to suddenly become unremarkable just because one comes out with better features.

Don't get me wrong. I'm usually that guy that NEEDS the new features! But I think Apple almost made this phone TOO good in regards to software expandability. There's little beyond the current form factor that I could imagine being an improvement.
That's great that you are happy with your phone as is. If there weren't another one coming out soon around the time that I was to finally get mine I believe I would be happy with the current model also, so very many people are!

Oh and I forgot to throw in....80gb of storage?:p Sorry OP didn't mean to add to your simple question, just ignore me...just goofin' around.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'll be first in line to buy it. I can't help it.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'll be first in line to buy it. I can't help it.
Bout time to warm up the "camping" section of the forums again for ya there geo? Hehe, I wish I could be in line if this goes down then, if it happens in one hundred and fiftiesh days I'll be fightin' for your spot!:p

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I won't go as far as camping!

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
I will be buying one as soon as it is avaluable!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was first in line for iPhone 1 so I will be there again for iPhone 2. I'll most likely just keep my current phone as a backup to take to the beach and such so that I don't overly mess up the new one. This is all assuming of course that a new iPhone is in fact due out in June. We can only hope.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think there will be a new iPhone in June. We'll get update 1.2, and SDK before we get new hardware, I think.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't think there will be a new iPhone in June. We'll get update 1.2, and SDK before we get new hardware, I think.
I tend to agree. The next gen hardware will add 3G and maybe an OLED screen to offset power usage. Other than that, I think form factor will remain the same, and they will run identical software.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
well to respond to the title of the thread, in june I am attending 2 weddings and hopefully getting a tan :cool:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I won't go as far as camping!
By God I will! You gotta remember I missed the first round, so I'm goin' all out when it's my time! I'll camp outside the Apple store on just a normal work day after the iPhone2 is out and just tell them "Hey, I've waited 15 months for this! Stop staring at me!":laugh2:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
By God I will! You gotta remember I missed the first round, so I'm goin' all out when it's my time! I'll camp outside the Apple store on just a normal work day after the iPhone2 is out and just tell them "Hey, I've waited 15 months for this! Stop staring at me!":laugh2:
The aliens aren't going to leave you behind on the comet this time! ;)

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
2.5 edge works well. i don't think anyone can complain its fast enough. and unless they have fixed the issue with the problem of the 3g eating up the batterie it doesn't pose any difference in my opinion.