currently AT&T

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
i currently have AT&T already, and just upgraded to a new device 2 months ago. but i understand that no matter when u updated if u already have AT&T you can still get the iPhone without penalty. can i just go to an Apple store and buy an iPhone and port the number myself with iTunes, or must i go to an AT&T store and take care of it?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
No trip to the AT&T store should be necessary for you.

i currently have AT&T already, and just upgraded to a new device 2 months ago. but i understand that no matter when u updated if u already have AT&T you can still get the iPhone without penalty. can i just go to an Apple store and buy an iPhone and port the number myself with iTunes, or must i go to an AT&T store and take care of it?

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Go to Apple store, buy iPhone. Do not stop at AT&T, do not pay them $200. :)

Yes, that is what I did. Plug into iTunes, select you are an existing customer and want to use an existing phone number. You'll be up and running in a few minutes.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
What $200 do you speak of? :eek:

Go to Apple store, buy iPhone. Do not stop at AT&T, do not pay them $200. :)

Yes, that is what I did. Plug into iTunes, select you are an existing customer and want to use an existing phone number. You'll be up and running in a few minutes.