Currently in line for the iPhone.....

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
About 20 people in front of me. About how long will it take you think?

radack1155

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Austin, TX
Where are you in line at? Almost all the Apple stores showed no stock last night.
Austin, TX (barton Creek)
They received them at about 10:30 this morning

The avaliablity thing is based on if they are in stock when the store closes...not whether they are getting them in the next day. I just kept checking with them every morning

rmfnla

Bronze
Depends on how many sales reps they have actually doing sales.

Figure 1/2 hour per sale; if they have 5 reps (unlikely) that means 4 cycles before you; at 30 minute each it will take 2 hours.

I'd put my money on closer to 3...

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
I saw a line in Alpharetta Ga (Northpoint Mall) today around noon with 50 or so.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
For those who have waited in line, does someone let you know if they have enough phones for those waiting? It would be pretty crappy of them to let you stand in line for nothing.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
really depends you may not get one
Well he's at an Apple store, not an AT&T store, so I should hope that they get more than 20 phones per shipment.

I do think it'll take you a while, though. I haven't really been hearing much on how iPhone purchases were going post-July 13th, but I doubt the process has gotten much easier.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
I saw a line in Alpharetta Ga (Northpoint Mall) today around noon with 50 or so.

THat's were I got mine last week. Waited about 3 hours. My transaction took a little longer because my first phone had a bad screen ( screen looked like it had water marks) of course i had to wait for a "genius" to validate then cancel the old transaction and purchase another phone. A little tedious but people were real nice.