Custom Apple House

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lrthompson

Feb 5, 2012
Hello,

Was hoping to get a few suggestions, im currently renovating/refurbishing a house I purchased and have always wanted to have a reasonably high spec technological home.

I've got the common Apple products; iPhone, ipad, ipod, Apple tv and airport express.

Now I want to go the step further and use my devices to control more houshold appliances.

I'm aware you can get a wireless thermostat so you can control the temperatre from an app, plus you can get multiroom sound and visual. Both of which I'm going to do.

But is there anything else I can do and what would I require to do so?

Is there any appliances I can buy that can be fully controlled (for example a kettle or coffee machine).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
What you need to do is go to your local HIFI store near you. They would be the best place to start...in Toronto there are a few, my favorite would be a place called Kromer Radio...these guys only deal with the best systems for your home, and would definitely know how to hook you up. Your electrician might be able to give you a couple of suggestions as well.

lrthompson

Feb 5, 2012
I've seen this interesting thing called Bath-O-Matic, you can run the bath and control level, temperature, perfume and soaps. Not sure how useful it would be to me though

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I've seen this interesting thing called Bath-O-Matic, you can run the bath and control level, temperature, perfume and soaps. Not sure how useful it would be to me though
Probably not very useful, but if you wanted to throw a bunch of money down the drain so to speak, that would do it:)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I saw a video about a yacht that used an iPad to control tons of things. Easy given the buy-in and recurring costs to such toys.

lrthompson

Feb 5, 2012
Just found a really good GEAR4 device, sits in the corner of a room and can control every device which has remote sensors on. Looks very useful.

Anyone got anything else that might be good?