Custom Apple House

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lrthompson, Feb 5, 2012.

1. lrthompson

lrthompson New Member

Hello,

Was hoping to get a few suggestions, im currently renovating/refurbishing a house I purchased and have always wanted to have a reasonably high spec technological home.

I've got the common Apple products; iPhone, ipad, ipod, Apple tv and airport express.

Now I want to go the step further and use my devices to control more houshold appliances.

I'm aware you can get a wireless thermostat so you can control the temperatre from an app, plus you can get multiroom sound and visual. Both of which I'm going to do.

But is there anything else I can do and what would I require to do so?

Is there any appliances I can buy that can be fully controlled (for example a kettle or coffee machine).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

What you need to do is go to your local HIFI store near you. They would be the best place to start...in Toronto there are a few, my favorite would be a place called Kromer Radio...these guys only deal with the best systems for your home, and would definitely know how to hook you up. Your electrician might be able to give you a couple of suggestions as well.

3. Alliedesigns

Alliedesigns New Member

How do I display date in status bar?

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You can begin by starting your own thread instead of jumping into a completely unrelated one :)

5. lrthompson

lrthompson New Member

I've seen this interesting thing called Bath-O-Matic, you can run the bath and control level, temperature, perfume and soaps. Not sure how useful it would be to me though

6. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Probably not very useful, but if you wanted to throw a bunch of money down the drain so to speak, that would do it:)

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I saw a video about a yacht that used an iPad to control tons of things. Easy given the buy-in and recurring costs to such toys.

8. lrthompson

lrthompson New Member

Just found a really good GEAR4 device, sits in the corner of a room and can control every device which has remote sensors on. Looks very useful.

Anyone got anything else that might be good?