Custom Dialers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jdelco

Sep 28, 2007
Ive been playing around with my new iPhone all night installing a bunch of cool 3rd party apps.

There are some great quality themes out there, my fave for the time being is the neon theme.

I remember seeing an oldschool custom dialer pic on these forums tho and I cant remember where it was.

Can someone repost it for me and direction on how I would go about modding the dialer skin?

Thanks a lot guys now i just need my baseband downgraded so i can actually use it as a phone! haha

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Great dialer themes. I've had the Retro Dialer for a week now and have just switched to Aqwoah.
These dialers are done differently than the BarDialer file mods that Customize uses. It's a little more complicated. Perhaps the Summerboard and Customize team can incorporate these themes soon via the Installer. That would be sweet!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Great dialer themes. I've had the Retro Dialer for a week now and have just switched to Aqwoah.
These dialers are done differently than the BarDialer file mods that Customize uses. It's a little more complicated. Perhaps the Summerboard and Customize team can incorporate these themes soon via the Installer. That would be sweet!

yes i hope that they do.... i really want the old.payphone ringer.....

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
yes i hope that they do.... i really want the old.payphone ringer.....
You can do that now by viewing this thread and downloading it.

After unzipping the file, perform SSH and replace with the new custom files located at ./Applications/MobilePhone.app/

Be sure to backup the (stock) files that you're replacing. Good luck!

These are my 2 faves from ModMyiPhone...

the "Retro Phone Dialer"

the "Aqwoah Dialer"

Last edited by a moderator:

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
Thanks for the location... I replaced and backed up all the old files, but when i go to the dialer, everything is replace except the default dialer. I even deleted the original dialer completely out of the phone and replaced it again but no luck... any thoughts?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Thanks for the location... I replaced and backed up all the old files, but when i go to the dialer, everything is replace except the default dialer. I even deleted the original dialer completely out of the phone and replaced it again but no luck... any thoughts?
I am having the same problem. I think it has do with customize holding a copy of the default dialer. My retro dialer comes up for a second then is immediately covered up by the default dialer image.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Hmm. What method did you guys use? I used OpenSSH and Cyberduck. Not too familiar with iBricker. After backing up the appropriate files, I basically drag and dropped the new mods. I have Customize but the dialer is set to default.... Did you restart your phone?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I connect via fugu (ssh) and placed all the files from the retro zip file in the mobile.app folder, and restarted the phone. The retro dialer shows up for a second and then is covered up by the default dialer. All the other images from the zip are working except the main graphic. The main graphic is the only thing customize handles.

Since this failed I went to the customize folder and placed the retro image in the designer folder along with the other bar dialer graphics (spicy chicken, xp, etc) but when I go to choose it it looks like this:

Weird...

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Just curious... Uninstall Customize and see what happens. Hopefully when you reinstall it, it will show up as the backup...

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
Hmm. What method did you guys use? I used OpenSSH and Cyberduck. Not too familiar with iBricker. After backing up the appropriate files, I basically drag and dropped the new mods. I have Customize but the dialer is set to default.... Did you restart your phone?
I used iBrickr, i guess 420greg did too? Try it later with OpenSSH...

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
do i need to move the default somewhere and replace thewm? when i pick a file, i brickr isn't showing a delete option
Make sure you download the originals first into a folder. Then when you upload the new ones iBrickr should replace the originals, no need to delete anything....

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I connect via fugu (ssh) and placed all the files from the retro zip file in the mobile.app folder, and restarted the phone. The retro dialer shows up for a second and then is covered up by the default dialer. All the other images from the zip are working except the main graphic. The main graphic is the only thing customize handles.

Since this failed I went to the customize folder and placed the retro image in the designer folder along with the other bar dialer graphics (spicy chicken, xp, etc) but when I go to choose it it looks Weird...
`

Retro Dialer can NOT be placed in Customize, won't display properly.

Make sure you choose "Backup" Bar Dialer in Customize which is a blank so Retro Dialer can show up.

Install Retro into mobilephone.app folder :laugh2: