Custom Icons help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KyDuckman

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I saw in the tutorial custom applications /applications/*.app/icon.png

Where do i do this, or how do i change them? Is this a package I download? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

KyDuckman

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I want to change my icons, like the battery pic, etc. i downloaded mobilefinder because someone mentioned you could do it all right on your phone?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I want to change my icons, like the battery pic, etc. i downloaded mobilefinder because someone mentioned you could do it all right on your phone?
As far as I know, you use Customize or Summerboard to change apps' icons, carrier logos, battery icons, etc. But, you would either have to install themes (through Installer) or upload your own icons through an interface such as ibrickr, iPhonebrowser, etc.

So if you have your own set of .png files that you want to use, you would have to upload them, either directly into the firmware or into the appropriate folders in either Customize or Summerboard.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Ok, what you are trying to do requires SSH installed on your iPhone and WinSCP (if you are on Windows) or Fugu (if you are on the Mac).

Once you have the icon you want it must be named icon.png and placed in the /Applications/AppName.app/ folder. It will overwrite the existing icon.png. You replace AppName.app with the name of the application. The only exceptions to this are photo and camera are named something different and so is iPod. I can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but look in their directories and you'll see them.