Custom Lag?

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
My iPhone is the best and I really don't want to ruin it in any way. Will any of these custom apps make my iPhone slow in any way. If I have apps on my iPhone and say Apple updates fermware would it effect my phone in any way.
If without a fermware update will it be slow with all of the apps?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have had apps on my iPhone almost the entire time I have had it and I have noticed no discernible lag with the customization. Also, if you are running a jailbroken 1.0.2 iPhone then you do not want to upgrade the firmware to 1.1.1 until you restore the phone back to factory settings. The same applies if another firmware update is released and you want to upgrade your jailbroken and modded 1.1.1 iPhone to whatever is released. You have the choice to upgrade or not, so you can simply deny until you feel like upgrading. But remember to restore.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
My iPhone is the best and I really don't want to ruin it in any way. Will any of these custom apps make my iPhone slow in any way. If I have apps on my iPhone and say Apple updates fermware would it effect my phone in any way.
If without a fermware update will it be slow with all of the apps?
I noticed slight lag on v1.02 firmware, but when i went to v1.1.1 there was no lag. I think it may just be bugs in v1.02.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Do you think the lag could get any worse on the v1.02? I really hope the v1.1.1 has no lag at all. I figure that the people that are in charge of the updates will recognize that their is lag and hopefully fix it completely.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Do you think the lag could get any worse on the v1.02? I really hope the v1.1.1 has no lag at all. I figure that the people that are in charge of the updates will recognize that their is lag and hopefully fix it completely.
Not sure, but i found lag on v1.02 really bad also sometimes and even froze my phone a few times. I have had no freezing or lag on v1.1.1 thus far (used for a week so far :laugh2:).

Hopefully that helps answer your question a bit.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Not sure, but i found lag on v1.02 really bad also sometimes and even froze my phone a few times. I have had no freezing or lag on v1.1.1 thus far (used for a week so far :laugh2:).

Hopefully that helps answer your question a bit.
It did help. I might not get and mods at all. I'll probably just get TTR and AIM. Will TTR make the phone lag or will the v.1.02 effect it with TTR and AIM on it?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I found v1.02 laggy no matter what 3rd party apps u had on it :(

Go v1.1.1 if you can i'd say from personal experience.