Custom made outgoing VoiceMail message?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I didn't know if I should put this in this section or the AT&T section, so I'll do both. I previously edited a 31 second outgoing message, originally for an answering machine. It includes voice over music. I have it saved on my PC in mp3 or wav format. I would like to use this as my outgoing voicemail message with AT&T. Now, before anybody suggests this, I do NOT want to merely play it through a set of speakers, and use the mic on my iPhone to record it to the AT&T voicemail outgoing message section, as this never comes through clearly. I am looking for a way to directly "pipe" it in when going through my AT&T outgoing voicemail section. Anybody got any ideas? Oh, by the way, I have successfuly transfered this file already to my iPhone, and can play it at will.

With all the talk about being able to get custom ringtones on the iPhone, I thought I'd throw this one out there.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Yes there is a way to change your custom voicemail message. You'll have to convert your mp3 to a .amr though.

Check out this post over at modmyiPhone:
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2299&highlight=voicemail

Be sure to read the last post, where the poster explains that you have to "trick" AT&T's server by creating a temp greeting first.
Thanks Engmaniac,

As I read through the instructions for doing this, I was fairly confused, until I realized they were talking about a modded iPhone, which mine is not as of yet. Not sure I'm willing to mod my phone to be able to do this or not. I'll give it some thought, but thanks anyway. I appreciate it