Custom made outgoing voicemail message

Aug 25, 2007
I didn't know if I should put this in this section or the Software section, so I'll do both. I previously edited a 31 second outgoing message, originally for an answering machine. It includes voice over music. I have it saved on my PC in mp3 or wav format. I would like to use this as my outgoing voicemail message with AT&T. Now, before anybody suggests this, I do NOT want to merely play it through a set of speakers, and use the mic on my iPhone to record it to the AT&T voicemail outgoing message section, as this never comes through clearly. I am looking for a way to directly "pipe" it in when going through my AT&T outgoing voicemail section. Anybody got any ideas? Oh, by the way, I have successfuly transfered this file already to my iPhone, and can play it at will.

With all the talk about being able to get custom ringtones on the iPhone, I thought I'd throw this one out there.

Jul 12, 2008
I want to do the same thing. Your post is all I've found on the subject so far. If I find anything, I will post it here.
Regards, kmed