custom ringtone how many and volume playing up !

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi, im a little confused, how many ringtones can you have in you iPhone 3g , ie how many custom ringtones, ive tried putting in 100 but it only shows a max of 35 custom rintones eben though i have converted 100 ! and also in iTunes i can only see 35, is this correct, please can somebody clarify this for me...

Also another strange thing when i always turn my phone back on i have to reset the ringtone to max every time ! ie settings/ringtone and then i see my ringtone volume has gone back to default volume, anybody having the same problem, most annoying every time you switch the phone on and off !

Hope get some info on the above,

Many thanks from brian

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
also in iTunes i can only see 35, is this correct, please can somebody clarify this for me...
I have 41 ringtones in iTunes.

aq.timmy

Aug 3, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Make sure the ringtones are under 35 seconds. iTunes will not sync ringtones longer than 35 seconds... at least with my experience.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Timmy is correct and may I add that your volume problem is a bug that most all of us have. With any kind of luck a fix is on the way.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi and thankyou

Hi and thankyou, thats cleared that upi then, thought i was going mad when iTunes wouldn't sync the ringtones i had, and didn't realise the volume side was a bug in the iPhone, well i do now and lets hope they make a fix with a new firmware very soon, oh and while we on the subject i hope they also fox the Ad2p bluetooth side of things aswell.

Again thankyou from brian.........P-S Still a very nice phone

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
are you really sure re the under 30 sec ringtone ?

Hi, only brian again, just to add ive just checked all my ringtones that ive converted and yes they are all under 30 seconds, all under 100kb etc, so why wont iTunes sync anymore for me as i do already have 35 custom ringtones and want to add more, any more help please and how many custom ringtones do you all have?

Brian