Custom ringtones for PC users

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bigmac

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Los Angeles
Let me know if it works! It seems complicated, and Im afraid to screw it up. don't you think Apple will eventually change this so we will be able to add our own ringtones? :)

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I did it, it worked but now when I plug phone in, Im getting this message in iTunes....

The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Should I do that?

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I did it, it worked but now when I plug phone in, Im getting this message in iTunes....

The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Should I do that?
Hmm, I don't get the very first step. I tried it, and my iPhone just said to connect to iTunes and iTunes shut down... so I had to restore my iPhone... -_-

ugh, and I have the PERFECT song I want too... lmao.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Hmm, I don't get the very first step. I tried it, and my iPhone just said to connect to iTunes and iTunes shut down... so I had to restore my iPhone... -_-

ugh, and I have the PERFECT song I want too... lmao.
Basically, you have to get the firmware to download...so you pretend you are going to download and install, but instead you just download it.

Can anyone help with my problems, I wanna keep my custom ringtones, but I want to be able to sync as well :sick:.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Also is there a way to get rid of them if you want to remove them. I'm sure both of my questions invlolve doing something in the cmd prompt but I don't know what. I tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes and im getting the same message which is making me nervous because now my iPhone is not even being recognized by iTunes, (though it is with windows).

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yay, I finally figured it out...

and it's there!

w00t.

I bet no one can guess my ringtone...

"Wake me up, before you go go"

OH YES. :cool:

S

//STATiC

I'm glad it's working for some of you. For me, personally I think it's playing Russian Roulette with a $500 or $600 phone. I can see how this is worth it if custom ringtones were never going to be an option for iPhone, but seeing how iTunes is going to have it's own ringtone support for iPhone (risk free!), I'd say it's a lot wiser to wait for it. The iPhone is a brilliant device and definitely not something for amateurs to be fiddling with. If you know what you're doing, balls in your court. As for me, I'm not taking any chances. I love my iPhone too much! :)

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm glad it's working for some of you. For me, personally I think it's playing Russian Roulette with a $500 or $600 phone. I can see how this is worth it if custom ringtones were never going to be an option for iPhone, but seeing how iTunes is going to have it's own ringtone support for iPhone (risk free!), I'd say it's a lot wiser to wait for it. The iPhone is a brilliant device and definitely not something for amateurs to be fiddling with. If you know what you're doing, balls in your court. As for me, I'm not taking any chances. I love my iPhone too much! :)
yeah, I was hesitant at first but saw that it worked for the people who tried it.

I personally don't think that such easy steps can brick your iPhone but hey, you never know...

Now I love my iPhone even more!