Custom ringtones for PC users

DanDigital

Jul 15, 2007
odd maybe its too big a file( too long of a song ) to use as a contact ringtone

Another thing that maybe important is to reduce the file name length and keep it to simple characters
don't think either of those is the problem. Ive got other ringtones that are longer and have longer filenames that do show up. Is there a limit to how many ringtones will show up in the "assign to contact" list perhaps?

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
Ok, so I'm at the command prompt window, but it's telling me that jailbreak is not an operable program or batch file.

Just to make sure I'm doing it right, I hit enter after each command? Or do I type in each command all together? I'm not too savvy on this kind of stuff, sorry lol

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
you hit enter after each command. Check out my Visually aided tutorial if needed.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
I have a problem: I tried this a few times and it didn't work. The first few times i did it i was able to start the downloading in iTunes after starting restore and unpluging my iPhone. But as soon as the download finished i would get an error message (cant remember what it said, didn't pay much attention to it at the time). Now when i try to restore the download does not start up....The phone just restores (even if i plug it out after hitting restore the download wont start up)

Can anyone help me?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I have a problem: I tried this a few times and it didn't work. The first few times i did it i was able to start the downloading in iTunes after starting restore and unpluging my iPhone. But as soon as the download finished i would get an error message (cant remember what it said, didn't pay much attention to it at the time). Now when i try to restore the download does not start up....The phone just restores (even if i plug it out after hitting restore the download wont start up)

Can anyone help me?

You don't want to restore, You just want iTunes to download that file. Once it has downloaded continue on with the tutorial.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
sixkilla that means you already have the software and you can continue.
You must have downoladed it before

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
im from piscataway, in middlesex county. Near New Brunswick and plainfield.

you do the command rmdir in place of putfile. And you type out the whole string up to xxx.m4a where xxx.m4a is your title.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
im from piscataway, in middlesex county. Near New Brunswick and plainfield.

you do the command rmdir in place of putfile. And you type out the whole string up to xxx.m4a where xxx.m4a is your title.
Im about 15 min from New Brunswick....Good looks on the help homie.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
Ok I have another problem....I just added a ringtone....It shows up and it works but when i go to contacts and try to assign it to one of my contacts it does not show up...Why is that?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I don't know I've never tried. Maybe the iPhone has 2 directories, one for stock and one for assigning?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
That is strange. Maybe try taking it off using rmdir in place of putfile and typing out the string that you used to add the song. It ended in /xxx.m4a where xxx is your songtitle.

Then try readding it. That is my only idea.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
soo.. how is it going with the tutorial video you gonna post.
=(. i really temping to do it but afraid of messigng it up and have to go through a lot of troubles getting it fix

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
soo.. how is it going with the tutorial video you gonna post.
=(. i really temping to do it but afraid of messigng it up and have to go through a lot of troubles getting it fix
I really don't think that this can mess up your iPhone. If it does, you can go through a simple restore.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
How long does it take to send the files to the phone? It's been at booting iPhone for a couple minutes now. =/