Custom Ringtones in latest firmware

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
Sorry if this has been asked already, but in the latest firmware, are custom ringtones still possible? Using the method that doesn't require any programs? the one where you just edit the file extensions?

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
is there anyway to create a custom ringtone for text messages

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If your phone is jailbroken you can change most of your system sounds using iBrickr. I just checked and the text message sounds are included in the list of sounds you can change.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
If your phone is jailbroken you can change most of your system sounds using iBrickr. I just checked and the text message sounds are included in the list of sounds you can change.
Thanks

not sure I want to "jail-break" it

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
how much risk is there that you will brick the iPhone with these jail-break programs?

mrfisch13

Apr 29, 2008

why don't i see this program anywere on jailbreak?
i also cant get the SMB themes to work and icant find the fix for that either =(

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
why don't i see this program anywere on jailbreak?
i also cant get the SMB themes to work and icant find the fix for that either =(
Ask on the iPhone modifications forum. This forum is for more general questions about the original firmware. The hackers can help you out, but they usually read the modifications forum first.

Good luck!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
iBrickr is not run on the phone. It runs on a desktop PC and connects to the phone through SSH. That is why it doesn't show up in installer.