Custom ringtones?

Drunken

Aug 17, 2008
How do i add them, this iPhoneRingToneMaker doesn't work for me anymore,
And I heard that you SSH the ringtones to /Ringtones/ folder, but I can't find it anymore, so could someone help me?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
How do i add them, this iPhoneRingToneMaker doesn't work for me anymore,
And I heard that you SSH the ringtones to /Ringtones/ folder, but I can't find it anymore, so could someone help me?
iPhoneringtonemaker sux and I HIGHLY recommend NOT using this awful product. If you have ringtones already in m4r format, simply drop them into the ringtones section of iTunes.
If you wish to create yours from scratch, then cut the disered length (25 secs) with a free program called WavePad and then drop that file into your iTunes music section, Highlite it and right click and select Convert to acc and then right click on that new converted file and hit the "show in windows" selction, grab it and put it on your desktop and then change the filename to .m4r and then drop it into the ringtones section of iTunes, done!

This way has ALWYS worked unlike the idiotic aand stupis ass ringtonemaker. They are crooks and I would appreciate it if you pass the word....good luck

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I use iringer.net and it works flawlessly for me.

Drunken

Aug 17, 2008
iPhoneringtonemaker sux and I HIGHLY recommend NOT using this awful product. If you have ringtones already in m4r format, simply drop them into the ringtones section of iTunes.
If you wish to create yours from scratch, then cut the disered length (25 secs) with a free program called WavePad and then drop that file into your iTunes music section, Highlite it and right click and select Convert to acc and then right click on that new converted file and hit the "show in windows" selction, grab it and put it on your desktop and then change the filename to .m4r and then drop it into the ringtones section of iTunes, done!

This way has ALWYS worked unlike the idiotic aand stupis ass ringtonemaker. They are crooks and I would appreciate it if you pass the word....good luck
It's that simple? Thanks :).

E1

I use iringer.net and it works flawlessly for me.
I'm going to try that, because I don't have the Ringtones section in my iTunes (because I don't have custom ringtones yet.)

E2: It worked perfectly! Thanks for the link :)!

E3: I would thank you both but I don't know how i do it on this forum, so meh.

Ctgry5

Bronze
May 8, 2008
Miami, Florida

Simple question but I really don't know anything about ringtones yet and would really appreciate any info... Does the iPhone need to be jaibroken to put ringtones into the inphone through iTunes? I have learned about wallpapers but now i want to learn about ringtones.. thanks in advance...

Ctgry5

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you're using iTunes to get ringtones then you do NOT have to be jailbroken. There is an iTunes workaround that lets you make all the ringtones you want for free.