Custom vibrations & LED flash alerts not working on iPhone 4S

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 15, 2012
I have the iPhone 4S and I have been trying to use custom vibrations and I can't seem to get it working. I have it turned on in my settings and I've tried assigning the vibrations to individual contacts and it still will not work. Also I have the "LED flash for alerts" turned on and still not flash. So frustrating I just recently discovered I have these features and I tried to use them and they won't work someone please help! Thank you!

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
My led flash was touchy. I turned it on, opened camera app. Turn camera flash off! Turn phone off & back on. Then turn camera flash back on auto or whatever. Then test led flash alert. Should work.
* seems hit & miss with custom vibrate turned on. Turn that off.*

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Smiffy403

Bronze
Dec 24, 2011
I had the same issue last week and I member on here (DS) suggested turn of custom vibrate and then turn off the led, then turn them back on in reverse order.. It worked for me just if u do a hard reset u have to do this again but I like them both and think its a small price to pay

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I had the same issue last week and I member on here (DS) suggested turn of custom vibrate and then turn off the led, then turn them back on in reverse order.. It worked for me just if u do a hard reset u have to do this again but I like them both and think its a small price to pay

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app
This worked for me. My flash alert was working for a while and then stopped, but I didn't realize that a hard reset would knock out that fuction.

So this is good to know. I have been doing hard resets periodically when my phone gets slow and starts acting funny. After the hard reset it's snappier and acts right, then I forget about the flash alert until it dawns on me that its not working again.

Thanks for this solution, now it'll stick in my head like taffy and I will remember to reset the flash alert after doing a hard reset.

Oooh Joy! It just did it right now! So nice!

Jun 11, 2012
You can easily cut the LED strips. Use a sharp utility knife. The LEDs are wired in groups of 3, so you should cut every 3 LEDs. Some of the shorter lengths can't be cut because of a critical power wire inside. Before you cut, just make sure you won't be cutting a power wire, otherwise your LED strip could be damaged and thus...won't work. blue led strip LED Bulbs 12v led spotlight