Custom Wi-Fi logo on iOS 5 is it possible?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iNS0MNiAC

Dec 7, 2011
Hey guys, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I got a 4S on 5.0.1 (jailbroken) I've recently found out how to change the carrier to the logo of my choice but now I want to customize my Wi-Fi icon to match with it. I've searched high and low and just when I thought I had figured it out I realized nothing had changed at all

Acording to another forum I was told to look at the following folder and edit the following files

System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings.bundle

Wi-Fi Black 0@2x.png
Wi-Fi Black 1@2x.png
Wi-Fi Black 2@2x.png
Wi-Fi Black 3@2x.png

Wi-Fi Blue 1@2x.png
Wi-Fi Blue 2@2x.png
Wi-Fi Blue 3@2x.png

Wi-Fi White 0@2x.png
Wi-Fi White 1@2x.png
Wi-Fi White 2@2x.png
Wi-Fi White 3@2x.png
After looking at the files I was pretty certain these weren't the ones, but what the heck I modified them anyways. After installing the modified ones I realized nothing had changed (even after respringing and reboot) so I reverted everything back to the way it was.

Does anyone here know which folder the Wi-Fi .PNG's are stored on the iOS 5?

PS: If you know where the battery .PNG's are that would be great too

Jan 25, 2012
Hey guys, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I got a 4S on 5.0.1 (jailbroken) I've recently found out how to change the carrier to the logo of my choice but now I want to customize my Wi-Fi icon to match with it. I've searched high and low and just when I thought I had figured it out I realized nothing had changed at all

Acording to another forum I was told to look at the following folder and edit the following files

After looking at the files I was pretty certain these weren't the ones, but what the heck I modified them anyways. After installing the modified ones I realized nothing had changed (even after respringing and reboot) so I reverted everything back to the way it was.

Does anyone here know which folder the Wi-Fi .PNG's are stored on the iOS 5?

PS: If you know where the battery .PNG's are that would be great too
Im in the same boat as you. I have did some research and the files you have above are supposed to be the files that get changed in order to change logo, Ill let you know if I find anything else out. When you changed file names how did you do it? Do you take name of new file and just replace old file or what thats the part that is confusing me. so if my new file is logo-ihg.png do i put that or what. I'm totally lost. How did you try it?

iNS0MNiAC

Dec 7, 2011
When you changed file names how did you do it? Do you take name of new file and just replace old file or what thats the part that is confusing me. so if my new file is logo-ihg.png do i put that or what. I'm totally lost. How did you try it?
I didn't change filenames. I made my own icons the exact same size, format and named them the same as all the files in that folder and replaced all the original files (after backing up the originals of course). After I respringed and rebooted the phone and no changes.

The icons in that folder are too small. I'm pretty certain the icons should be over 40 px in height and the ones in that folder I believe are only about 28px in height. The only reason I know this is because I changed the carrier logo and that was 40px in height and the Wi-Fi logo is taller

Jan 25, 2012
it won't let me post links in here but if you google iPhone 4s icons\sizes they have some charts that pull up but i haven't seen any that tell you the size of the wifi bars. I was going to try downloading a theme (for free) and see the size they make theres. That might work