Customize 1.1.6

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
out on installer... I've never used customize.. but i installed it and it put some demo apps... fieldtest.. and a contacts icon in my springboard... they don't uninstall using installer and i removed customize but they stay.. I was able to get rid of the fieldtest and demoapp through winscp but don't know which is the contacts icon is it Mobileaddressbook.app?

dsan79

Jul 22, 2007
I'm not happy with 1.16. I have lost the ability to delete my icons off the home page in order to have a nice and tidy desktop. I liked having my ilaunch on the dock, along with my phone and sms icons, that way i can see my wallpaper and find my other apps when I need them.
1.13 gave us access to modify the number of icons we wanted, and now we cannot.

Oct 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm not happy with 1.16. I have lost the ability to delete my icons off the home page in order to have a nice and tidy desktop. I liked having my ilaunch on the dock, along with my phone and sms icons, that way i can see my wallpaper and find my other apps when I need them.
1.13 gave us access to modify the number of icons we wanted, and now we cannot.
Yeah, I upgraded just because I saw there was an update, and now I lost all the awesome functionality the rsbt had in customize, this is stupid!

I think they just added this to prevent stupid people from shooting themselves in the foot by hiding all their icons and not being able to get them back because they do something else wrong.

GAHH!

dsan79

Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, I upgraded just because I saw there was an update, and now I lost all the awesome functionality the rsbt had in customize, this is stupid!

I think they just added this to prevent stupid people from shooting themselves in the foot by hiding all their icons and not being able to get them back because they do something else wrong.

GAHH!
I know what you mean, but I still feel they could've added a preventative measure aside from completely nixing the best feature next to sorting. Bring it back!

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i would like that feature back too. it ruined my screen :( i only had the few icons i used on my screen and now, after updating customize, all the programs are on my screen and i hate it. i hope the rbst feature returns

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
this is my phone on 1.1.2 with the newest customize.

I made all the useless icons clear in GIMP, and to get the other apps i can scroll right to them.

http://iPhone 4.tinypic.com/6wrtzeu.png

dsan79

Jul 22, 2007
Um, can you elaborate on just how you did that? Can this work with 1.1.1? Please explain, because that has to be the coolest desktop on an iPhone I've seen yet! Congrats. :laugh2:

this is my phone on 1.1.2 with the newest customize.

I made all the useless icons clear in GIMP, and to get the other apps i can scroll right to them.

http://iPhone 4.tinypic.com/6wrtzeu.png

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Um, can you elaborate on just how you did that? Can this work with 1.1.1? Please explain, because that has to be the coolest desktop on an iPhone I've seen yet! Congrats. :laugh2:
TY, to do this you will need a program like GIMP, photoshop, or paintshot pro.
I use GIMP because it is free.

1st- get an icon from a theme, i used plainjaindim.

2nd- open the "icon name".png using the editting software(GIMP)

3rd- erase everything you see in the picture

4th- delete the old icon, on the iPhone. NOTE you can use the same erased icon with any of the icons on the phone just rename it.
var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/"theme name"/icons

5th- load the theme via summerboard

6th- use the new customize to reorder the icons

TADA
<<<< the icon is there not sure if you can right click it to save it or not

leo03

Nov 13, 2007
out on installer... I've never used customize.. but i installed it and it put some demo apps... fieldtest.. and a contacts icon in my springboard... they don't uninstall using installer and i removed customize but they stay.. I was able to get rid of the fieldtest and demoapp through winscp but don't know which is the contacts icon is it Mobileaddressbook.app?
Hi! I´m new here...
How did you deleted the fieldtest icon?
I wanted to do that but I don´t know how...

Thanks in advance!

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Hi! I´m new here...
How did you deleted the fieldtest icon?
I wanted to do that but I don´t know how...

Thanks in advance!
They are included on your phone by default but they are hidden, and now that customize doesn't hide the icons they show up i guess. You could probably just change the icon to be a blank icon as i said earlier then use customize to reorder the icons how you want them.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
UMMMM so since i deleted them am i f#$^ed... how would I go about getting them back..? a restore?
but then I would have to downgrade since I'm at 1.1.2.
or can someone just put them up somewhere so i can download them and put them back.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
UMMMM so since i deleted them am i f#$^ed... how would I go about getting them back..? a restore?
but then I would have to downgrade since I'm at 1.1.2.
or can someone just put them up somewhere so i can download them and put them back.

Im not really sure if they do anything special really.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks but I started a thread cause I wanna know if 1.1.2 can be restored without killing the Oktoprep so you can rejailbreak anyway... I didn't see anywhere if this was mentioned....

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
They are included on your phone by default but they are hidden, and now that customize doesn't hide the icons they show up i guess. You could probably just change the icon to be a blank icon as i said earlier then use customize to reorder the icons how you want them.
Question for you: Does the new version of Customize allow you to reorder the icons? I understand that it no longer includes rSBT, so how can the icons be ordered?

Also, I currently using 1.1.3 (or whatever the older version of Customize is) and with it, I can reorder the icons on the first page, but not the second page. No matter what I do, any icons on the second page of icons stays in the same position. Does the new Customize fix this?

Rumpelgeist

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
It does fix the ability to set the icons in the order you want, but you lose the ability to "hide" any icons.
Thank you.

The hiding thing doesn't seem to be that big of a deal since you can just replace an icon with a blank icon.

Rumpelgeist

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
yes I am really upset cause I can't hide the field test and demo app and now I don't see my camera or photos app , even when rearranging they are gone . This sucks !

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
yes I am really upset cause I can't hide the field test and demo app and now I don't see my camera or photos app , even when rearranging they are gone . This sucks !
I would think--and hope--that this was a mistake on their part and not intentional. Or perhaps it was intentional, but with any luck at all, when they catch flack for the change, perhaps they will put the feature back in.

Rumpelgeist

TommyRZ

Oct 18, 2007
TY, to do this you will need a program like GIMP, photoshop, or paintshot pro.
I use GIMP because it is free.

1st- get an icon from a theme, i used plainjaindim.

2nd- open the "icon name".png using the editting software(GIMP)

3rd- erase everything you see in the picture

4th- delete the old icon, on the iPhone. NOTE you can use the same erased icon with any of the icons on the phone just rename it.
var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/"theme name"/icons

5th- load the theme via summerboard

6th- use the new customize to reorder the icons

TADA
<<<< the icon is there not sure if you can right click it to save it or not

This GIMP program you speak of, where can i find it?