Customize 1.13 - must change permissions for it to work!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I can't believe they've left this bug in there for weeks, but it really annoys me. Every time I install Customize via Installer on a new phone, it never loads unless I also install Squid/Mobile Finder and change the permissions on both the Customize and Info.plist files to 0755. Why didn't they notice this bug weeks ago? It wasn't like this in the previous version...

jay12

Oct 18, 2007
I can't believe they've left this bug in there for weeks, but it really annoys me. Every time I install Customize via Installer on a new phone, it never loads unless I also install Squid/Mobile Finder and change the permissions on both the Customize and Info.plist files to 0755. Why didn't they notice this bug weeks ago? It wasn't like this in the previous version...
hmm.. i kept hearing about the bugs in customize so i didn't install it but decided to give it a try last week.. luckily i haven't had any problems.. i had more problems with summerboard till i read the post about dimming your wallpaper..

are there still bugs after you changed the permissions?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
hmm.. i kept hearing about the bugs in customize so i didn't install it but decided to give it a try last week.. luckily i haven't had any problems.. i had more problems with summerboard till i read the post about dimming your wallpaper..

are there still bugs after you changed the permissions?
Well the bug was that the program doesn't work unless I change the permissions. Once I've done that, the program runs fine. It's just annoying to have to change those permissions manually each time.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im having an issue using customize on ipod touch.... i want to change the permissions so that i can use this.... i installed squid and mobile finder but i cannot find a way to change the permission, can you please share how you did it.. thanks

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks i go there and i cannot do anything with the squid.. it lets me see files but i cannot make adjustments to them... is there a guide out there that you know of?
thnaks

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
i don't know if you're talking about this issue but anyway, when u install cusomize v1.13 and u try to start the application you will see the chicken picture and the application will quit automatically.. just keep on starting the application and in about 5 seconds the application will start... so just keep starting it until it actually start.. if this is not the issue then just ignore what i said

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
i don't know if you're talking about this issue but anyway, when u install cusomize v1.13 and u try to start the application you will see the chicken picture and the application will quit automatically.. just keep on starting the application and in about 5 seconds the application will start... so just keep starting it until it actually start.. if this is not the issue then just ignore what i said
So are you saying that I don't need to change the permissions and that if I just keep restarting the app over and over that it will eventually start by itself and never freeze again?

Feb 18, 2008
So i can get to the plist file for customize but when i press apply the button just doesn't work. Any ideas? If not how to I get to the plist file using MobileFinder?

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Yheap. You have to load OpenSSH to your phone. Load WinSCP on your computer (PC) and then get your IP address from your phone. Place that in the host area for a new connection and the username of root and the password of alpine and hit connect. You will now be connected into your iPhone. I would suggest plugging the phone into the dock while you SSH into so that if it goes to sleep it will not kill the Wifi connection.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I am not sure what the SSH application is for a Mac, I am sure they have one, I just don't know what it is. If you can not get Wifi then you have to use an application like Independence that will allow you to connect to your iPhone through the USB cable.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
can someone maybe post a step by step guide. I have tried to restart, reinstall several times, still I get the chicken screen then it crashes over and over no matter ho many times I try I can't get it to work. This was one of the main apps I jb for. Maybe someone can post a guide I am have never changed a permission before and it sounds complicated.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I am dying to use my customize and summerboard. They are almost the only reason that i even jailbreak. I did the squid and finder thing too and it just lets me see the settings but won't let me change them. I have been trying for two weeks to get them to work.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I'd be happy to put up a simple "fix" on my installer source for y'all. I don't use Customize, so I'm going to need someone to test it for me :p

All you'll have to do is install the fix to change the permissions, and uninstall to revert them back.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'd be happy to put up a simple "fix" on my installer source for y'all. I don't use Customize, so I'm going to need someone to test it for me :p

All you'll have to do is install the fix to change the permissions, and uninstall to revert them back.
you dbemakin me the happiestgu ever if you did that!