Customize 1.17?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OPTICS

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Seriously, this "was" a great app, til they took out, the hidden section. Now all apps that I don't use are now showing up and I hate having more than one page. It actually messed up my icons so bad, that now I have no icons on screen except for stack and the dock sunburst... now I have to restore... I'm so pissed rite now. Seriously, why take out the hidden section? if people didn't want to hide an app, then its up to them whether or not they want to put an app under the hidden section.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes, I'm kind of mad when I updated today and the hidden was gone. I really hate having things like the demoapp and crap on my screen and really just want it to be gone. I guess they couldn't figure out how to get the hidden section to work and make it stable.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Seriously, this "was" a great app, til they took out, the hidden section. Now all apps that I don't use are now showing up and I hate having more than one page. It actually messed up my icons so bad, that now I have no icons on screen except for stack and the dock sunburst... now I have to restore... I'm so pissed rite now. Seriously, why take out the hidden section? if people didn't want to hide an app, then its up to them whether or not they want to put an app under the hidden section.
You don't need to restore, just replace the M68AP.plist file in your Springboard folder and all will be well. That file is probably the single most important file to keep backups of...saved me more than a few times.

OPTICS

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks, but too late, went back to 1.1.1 :)

Anyways, I cant seem to find Summerboard on installer

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
when I moved icons like demo and field test to the bottom of the list, they disappeared from the SB.

edit: nevermind, the icons just went to a 3rd screen, not hidden.:oops:

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Guys, I put this in another thread as well. You don't have to restore to get back to hidden icons. Deinstall Customize 1.17 from the installer app. Then connect to iBrickr and install 1.13. You will be back to normal. I made the same mistake and almost flipped out when I noticed they removed the hidden option. I have no idea why they would remove that though, thats the only thing I use customize for.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wow, bad decision there. Why would they do that/ I don't really want to see "Demo App" on my SpringBoard.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Guys, I put this in another thread as well. You don't have to restore to get back to hidden icons. Deinstall Customize 1.17 from the installer app. Then connect to iBrickr and install 1.13. You will be back to normal. I made the same mistake and almost flipped out when I noticed they removed the hidden option. I have no idea why they would remove that though, thats the only thing I use customize for.
i tried doin this but my ibrickr isn't working lately its only been workin when it wants to it always stays at the connect yoru iPhone screen or whatever. and i was usin iPhone browser isnted of ibricker latley but now that stopped workin too wtf

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Thanks, but too late, went back to 1.1.1 :)

Anyways, I cant seem to find Summerboard on installer
Hey Folks! i have a question if you don't mind helping me out. after i installed customize 1.17 i got extra icons on my springboard like demo app, contacts, and field test. is there anyway of removing them? i didn't have them before and now they just showed up! any help is greatly appreciated Thanks! :laugh2:

Mrw726

Nov 13, 2007
Anyone know a board where the devs of customize read. I would be happy to post my signature on that petition.

Bring Back the Hidden Section!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Just use xlaunch to hide icons. It is on the installer app and it works, though I did have to hide icons a few times (in some cases) to get them to hide. It also allows for reordering the icons as well. All of them except itself which is odd.

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
If you run firmware 1.0.2 though, xlaunch wont work. Ive used the old Summerboard app though, and itll hide some of your icons. It looks better than having all your apps on your springboard.

votronick

Nov 16, 2007
any one notice that the costumize 1.17 update is messing with their wi-fi? i checked on the setting and i am connected to my wi-fi but on the main screen it still shows the edge service. any one else having this problem.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm done with Customize for the moment. All I used it for was icon reordering, and that was never quite right ever since rSBT was integrated with Customize.

Personally, I think Customize breaks the number one rule: do no harm.

It has managed to mangle more than a few iPhones due to its careless handling of the crucial system file M68AP.plist. This is the famous "My iPhone turned into an iPod!" scenario.

But now, it's really annoying. All I wanted to do was check out 1.17 to see if it got better (it didn't). I didn't want it to change one single file on my iPhone. But it did. It copied all of my sound files (creating backups), M68AP.plist, and who knows what else. To me that is horrible behavior considering I didn't ask it to change a thing (I changed nothing within Customize).

In any event I restored and re-jailbroke 1.1.2 and Customize is not going on it. I can use LauncherX to reorder icons, or just edit M68AP.plist manually.

Sure wish rSBT was still a stand-alone app...

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm done with Customize for the moment. All I used it for was icon reordering, and that was never quite right ever since rSBT was integrated with Customize.

Personally, I think Customize breaks the number one rule: do no harm.

It has managed to mangle more than a few iPhones due to its careless handling of the crucial system file M68AP.plist. This is the famous "My iPhone turned into an iPod!" scenario.

But now, it's really annoying. All I wanted to do was check out 1.17 to see if it got better (it didn't). I didn't want it to change one single file on my iPhone. But it did. It copied all of my sound files (creating backups), M68AP.plist, and who knows what else. To me that is horrible behavior considering I didn't ask it to change a thing (I changed nothing within Customize).

In any event I restored and re-jailbroke 1.1.2 and Customize is not going on it. I can use LauncherX to reorder icons, or just edit M68AP.plist manually.

Sure wish rSBT was still a stand-alone app...

--
Mike
What do you use to manually edit the M68AP.plist? I'd like to try that.