Customize 2.0 Beta is on installer........

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You can install it, but it won't work for you unless you've registered. You see, you must give The Spicy Chicken your serial number when you register. When Customize is launched on the iPhone, it reads that phone's serial and checks if that serial has been registered. If not, it closes. So, it won't work without registering.
- John

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
You can install it, but it won't work for you unless you've registered. You see, you must give The Spicy Chicken your serial number when you register. When Customize is launched on the iPhone, it reads that phone's serial and checks if that serial has been registered. If not, it closes. So, it won't work without registering.
- John
is that still the case for beta or was it just for the alpha version? if that is still the case for the beta version shouldnt the installer source be removed from the OPs thread so that not everyone is trying to download it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's still the case, but the point is that nobody can use it. Doesn't matter if people have the app. The owner of The Spicy Chicken even stated the same thing.

- John

john74

Apr 4, 2008
its not working as i stated in other threads,the option to change your system is not working...i went back to modded version

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I entered my iPhone's cell phone number in place of my serial number and my account works fine.

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
i installed it and it works for me, then again i didn't use that source

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
what source did u use? i have it but there is now icons or anything on it? its kust giving me the option to "install original icon" etc......help?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just add http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml to sources.
Go to install, scroll down to ipod touched, install Customize 2.0
Have fun guys.......:)
I just add your source, install and boom - it worked! But I surely missed the "Hide Icons" function here! But anyway, its so cool with these themepreview!

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Neep Help!

I'm trying to install Customize Beta and I'm getting the dreaded "Package Download Failed" message. I did everything from deleting the source and adding it again, refreshing sources, and a couple of other things. I've also cleared my qeue.

Anyone have a solution to this?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
what source did u use? i have it but there is now icons or anything on it? its kust giving me the option to "install original icon" etc......help?
you need to go into theme broswer and install themes. once a theme is installed you can use the entire theme, parts of that theme, or even mix themes together.

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Can someone give me a quick guide to changing themes on Customize? I'm trying to change them but nothing happens.

Here's what I'm doing: go to Summerboard and select my theme to Customize and turn everything off except wallpapers. Then go to Customize, select and download a theme I want. Then what? I kind of get lost after that.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
to apply entire theme you would open customize, hit theme browser. select the theme you want and then hit apply to device. there is also, instead of theme browser, customize image/sounds. that is where you can select individual items from themes and apply them. so you could have an entire them set on your phone and then change little bits of it by using images from another theme. just play around with it a bit and youl figure it out

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
to apply entire theme you would open customize, hit theme browser. select the theme you want and then hit apply to device. there is also, instead of theme browser, customize image/sounds. that is where you can select individual items from themes and apply them. so you could have an entire them set on your phone and then change little bits of it by using images from another theme. just play around with it a bit and youl figure it out

Thanks for the reply. I done what you suggest but whenever I restart my Springboard it's not taking it. It just reverts to the stock icons. I'll keep trying. Thanks!

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
did you register you phone on the spicy chicken site? make sure all the information is correct. also i don't know if it would make a difference but try uninstalling summerboard.