Customize 2.0 Fix Out!

Nov 21, 2007
Only kidding! But for real, is somebody going to ever come out with a fix for customize, because mine keep crashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Ya got me!

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Customize 2.0

Has everyone tried this? Uninstall Customize 2.0 if you have it installed already. Install "SUID Lib Fix" then reinstall Customize 2.0.

This worked for me.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Has everyone tried this? Uninstall Customize 2.0 if you have it installed already. Install "SUID Lib Fix" then reinstall Customize 2.0.

This worked for me.
Actually yeah, I don't know why I didn't mention that in my original post. I did that a while ago and it fixed it. Lol sorry about that!

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007

This worked for me.
Where is SUID Lib Fix in Installer?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Fix

It is under Tweaks (1.1.4) from repo.sc

You could also open "All Packages" and type it into the top to search for it.

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I just installed the latest Installer and have Community services going...but no Tweak 1.1.4 listed. I have up until 1.1.3?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Sources

Do you have all these installed?

Community Sources
BigBoss: thebigboss.org/repo.xml
iSpazio: http://repo.ispazio.net
ModMyiFone.com: modmyifone.com/installer.xml
RiP Dev (Kate, formerly Caterpillar): http://repository.ripdev.com/
Ste Packaging:http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/ (make sure you include the last /)

Try this one also: http://repo.sc/socke

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Yes. I wound up refreshing my sources again and it finally popped up. Odd.

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
How do I change my carrier name?

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Customize 2.0

Did you get Customize 2.0 to open and stay open? If you did, you need to go to the Theme browser and download some first. You can sometimes view them before you download them. You can easily delete them within Customize 2.0 if you don't like them. Once you have your images/sounds downloaded you need to apply them. Go to Customize's home screen and go to "Customize Images/Sounds" and apply them there. I think the carrier is under "Status bar Images".

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Sweet. all worked well. Now I just need to find some good Apps.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile

This worked for me.
i had customize 2.0 working but restored and jailbroke again. couldn't get it working until i found this thread with your info. THANKS a lot man, if i could i would give you more than one thanks.

also i wanted to add, that my iPhone had a little lag, but i uninstalled this after i got customize 2.0 working as well as the 1.1.4 compatibility patch and the lag is gone and 2.0 still works...so do that if you get a lag as well

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Customize 2.0

i had customize 2.0 working but restored and jailbroke again. couldn't get it working until i found this thread with your info. THANKS a lot man, if i could i would give you more than one thanks.

also i wanted to add, that my iPhone had a little lag, but i uninstalled this after i got customize 2.0 working as well as the 1.1.4 compatibility patch and the lag is gone and 2.0 still works...so do that if you get a lag as well
No prob, glad to help.

Here is another tip: Stay away from the MacBook keyboard download in Installer. It really messed my phone up. Made the keyboard unusable, had to restore. Use Customize to change your keyboard around if you want.