Customize 2.0 is OUT! In Installer!

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I was excited to see Customize 2.0 in Installer last night.

Only problem is, it isn't working for me.

After I install and try to load the app, I see the opening screen with the chicken, but then the app just crashes and kicks me back to my springboard.

I have tried to install, then restart just in case, but that doesn't help.

Anyone having similar issues, or any success stories?

Thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Unfortunately, that's all it's been doing for most people. I don't think there is more than 2-3 people that actually have it working correctly. I personally gave up about 2 weeks ago.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Same problems here. I've actually gotten the app to load but I still think you must need a code for it or something.

snpri3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2008
i also heard that this customize isn't so great, as the only benefit is downloading Themes, Once i figured out how to get the older Customize to work , gave up on 2.0

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
yes that's the funny part. I got the message " must uninstall old customize first" and I actually had that version working.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
mine works, did you guys register at the site for it? if you didn't register your serial number then i don't believe it will work on your phone.

snpri3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2008
mine works, did you guys register at the site for it? if you didn't register your serial number then i don't believe it will work on your phone.
very true, but does everything show up that you put into the folders?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
very true, but does everything show up that you put into the folders?
yup, i haven't noticed any problems, when i first installed it i was using ziPhone 2.6b and it worked fine, then i upgraded to 3.0 and that just gave me fits with everything, so i restored and rejailbroke with 2.6b and then got customize. when i first got it, it was doing the same open up crash thing you guys are talkin about, so i downloaded the 1.1.3/1.1.4 patch, and another patch i can't remember right now. it worked, but it went WAYYYY slow. so i uninstalled both of those, and it worked fine, not quite sure why it did that, but i'm not complaining.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Customize 2.0 , SUCKS !
I have the Modded Customize 1.21 , and my phone is sooooooooo
Customized..........:cool:

wolfen620

Feb 7, 2008
I have had 2.0 since the free beta trials and it works great for me. Never had a problem. To say it sucks is kinda unfair. I am on 1.1.3 and I jailbroke with ZiPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Lets keep on track here. For those that have Customize 2.0 working, please state your firmware, JB method, and any additional steps taken.

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I have customize 2.0 on my phone and everything works greattt!
I jailbroke my phone using ziPhone 2.5.
installed customize, restarted my phone, followed a few easy steps(name, email address, password) then proceeded in awe, and absoloutely loveeeeee customize!

Baz

Apr 28, 2008
Leicester, UK
Hi

I just downloaded it. Its installed fine, no probs at all. But.... Now what do I do with it? lol. I cannot customize anything, all I see is the standard themes, icons, sounds etc etc.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Baz

edit: JB 1.1.4

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Hi

I just downloaded it. Its installed fine, no probs at all. But.... Now what do I do with it? lol. I cannot customize anything, all I see is the standard themes, icons, sounds etc etc.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Baz

edit: JB 1.1.4
you need to download themes for it

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
fw 1.1.4
ziPhone 2.3
customize 2.0 since beta testing and every update since then
no additional steps and everything works fine. i have actually not had a problem with ANYTHING since i jb with ziPhone 2.3

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
open up customize and click on theme browser and then either click new, top 40 or all themes and theres you can select and even preview themes. if you like the theme hit download. once you have a theme you have the option to to apply the whole theme, sections of the theme or just individual parts of the theme. just explore around in all the settings of customize and you will get the hang of it real quick