Customize 2.2.1 help!

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
Hey guys i just downloaded the cusomize 2.2.1 app from cydia. im running firmaware 2.2.1 also. the problem is that when i go to select an item to set it says 'encountered error while copying files' or something to that sort. ive searched for any solutions and i can't find any at all. i really want this to work as it looks an awesome app. any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance, saif

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
customize has always been an annoying app to get working (even since the days of the 1.x.x firmwares on the first generation iPhones. try uninstalling and reinstalling, there really is no process to get it working, if it works consider yourself lucky. it is an awesome app and i was glad to see it updated to work with 2.2 and 2.2.1, however like you i have the same error and i'm not holding my breath for it to work.

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for the help. much appreciated. its so annoying, it looks like an awesome app. are there any other apps similar to this one, which give a good level of customization, available just now. really wanting to have acustom carrier logo and also change the system strings

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
no other apps similar, if you want to customize stuff you will have to ssh onto your phone and edit each item in its respective location.

Mar 28, 2009
restoring iPod touch after 2.2.1 update

Not sure if it helps, but I was getting error code #13 after updating from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 and it would NOT restore no matter what I did. So, it would neither update nor restore to factory. I'm no computer tech., but I'm not new to it either...

I was finally able to get it to work by restoring then updating again from a DIFFERENT computer. (Trying to use different usb ports on the same computer may work also, I had no luck).... I'm not sure if it was because I had Vista and that is why it was giving me trouble. But, I restored it from my desktop which has XP and it restored and then updated perfect! (make sure to update to iTunes 8 or it will not work properly either)...

Uninstalling iTunes and the Apple software from you computer then reinstalling (drivers and all) then restoring and updating may help as well....

My shot at offering any assistance... Hope it helps! I'm very happy with the update (I have not updated in FOREVER!).. :p