Customize... another confused newb

Mitch5142

Apr 19, 2008
hey, well i have 1.1.4 and i installed the ispazio patch which supposedly enables me to use customize on this version. it finally installed, however, when i open the app, it just freezes and then goes back to the homescreen.... anyone know what to do?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
hey, well i have 1.1.4 and i installed the ispazio patch which supposedly enables me to use customize on this version. it finally installed, however, when i open the app, it just freezes and then goes back to the homescreen.... anyone know what to do?
You need to run these two commands via SSH;

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Good luck

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
You need to run these two commands via SSH;

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
/bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Good luck
Or if you don't know how to do this you can add this source in installer http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml and that would give you a modded version of customize which will work on 1.1.4. Take note that this is not customize version 2 but I would recommend this for now since version 2 is still a lil buggy.

Mitch5142

Apr 19, 2008
okay well i don't really know how to enter those commands into ssh so i downloaded the modded version of cuztomize and i still have the same problem that i had with the other one i had before... should i try entering the commands into SSH?

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
okay well i don't really know how to enter those commands into ssh so i downloaded the modded version of cuztomize and i still have the same problem that i had with the other one i had before... should i try entering the commands into SSH?
If you adde the Modded Customize from ipod touched source.
Tap Customize icon, and when it loads up, keep tapping on screen.
It may crash 1 or 2 times, but keep doing this.
Once it opens all the way, you're done.
Then go to installer, and add stuff, under Themes (customize)
Have fun........:cool: