Customize app...Icon gone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
I hope this makes sense... I used Customize to change icon ordering, but I must have accidentally de-selected showing the icon for Customize itself because it no longer shows on my homescreen. So if I want to use Customize again, how can I select it if the icon is not visible? I've tried uninstalling then re-installing Customize, but that didn't make the icon reappear... Any suggestions? Hoping I don't have to go through the jailbreak process again (my iPhone is an OTB 1.1.2 firmware version)...

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
NVM...I found a fix; just gonna post here in case someone elese makes the mistake I did: if you accidentally remove the icon for Customize from springboard, thus making it impossible to launch Customize to make changes afterward, then install XLaunch--use that to restore the Customize icon... Man I feel stupid..

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You can also SSH in to the phone and run customize from the command line via /Applications/Customize.app/Customize. That will start up customize (or any app for that matter) on your phone.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
I cant install anything installer icon hidden also. How do I use SSH
hmm.. I haven't used SSH. Personally, (since you're missing your installer icon, too) what I would do is just restore the phone back to stock via iTunes and jailbreak again. yes, it sounds like a pain the arse but this seems like your only option besides SSH.. and you've already done the jailbreak.. the second time through is cake. I did it lastnight myself. Again, I suggest installing the app "dock" it will allow you to see all apps even when you hide every single icon on your screen, and it's a pretty cool app to boot. Once you install it you'll see a litle sunburst icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. Just slide your finger over it and drag up and to the left. You'll see what I mean.

dsan79

Jul 22, 2007
You can also SSH in to the phone and run customize from the command line via /Applications/Customize.app/Customize. That will start up customize (or any app for that matter) on your phone.

How exactly do you run an application from the command line? I am using globalscape as my SSH for my iPhone. Please help. Thanks.

Cruzer

Jan 31, 2008
Dirty Jersey
I don't know how to use ssh, and i don't wanna mess up anything, so can somebody teach me how to find customize apps using iBrickr, so i could remove it so all of my apps would show up again. because my friend accidentally clicked on the eye to make all of my apps invisible including installer apps and custimize app...help me

thank you