Customize App

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What's your opinion of CUSTOMIZE?

• Total voters
H

Hayesimus

I personally think this is in the TOP five best apps for the modded iPhone. i love it.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I don't currently have it on my phone because I just upgraded to 1.1.1 and haven't jailbreaked yet, but Customize is certainly one of the best things that ever happened to the iPhone. I'm excited to jailbreak again so I can reinstall it on my phone.

H

Hayesimus

BTW customize is an application that allows you to do just about everything! You can change the text in things like "slide to unlock" and you can change your signal indicator icons and your battery images. and you can use the built-in RSBT(recombinant spring board technology) to rearrange your icons! great right? oh and you can change your system sounds.

H

Hayesimus

I don't currently have it on my phone because I just upgraded to 1.1.1 and haven't jailbreaked yet, but Customize is certainly one of the best things that ever happened to the iPhone. I'm excited to jailbreak again so I can reinstall it on my phone.

Golly, i dunno what i'd do without it. I mean really. I have avoided upgrading for just this reason. I don't think i'll be upgrading until Apple hands over the keys to the iCar so to speak.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Golly, i dunno what i'd do without it. I mean really. I have avoided upgrading for just this reason. I don't think i'll be upgrading until Apple hands over the keys to the iCar so to speak.
I'm with you man! I just upgraded to 1.1.1 yesterday afternoon and I miss all kinds of things that I had with jailbreaked 1.0.2.....but I needed iTunes WiFi. Oh well, I'll jailbreak again soon and get back to my beloved apps :)

H

Hayesimus

Yeah, someday Nazi Apple will give us the control we've already demonstrated we can handle, and we'll all look back and be like. remember when we had to jailbreak? and remember when we didn't have hovercars? okay... i actually don't know which one of those is MORE far fetched. :S

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Adding sounds to customize

I actually just got the installer installed on my iPhone. How do I add my own sounds to like the email, text section, etc to customize? All it shows is convert to back-up? Any help is greatly appreciated!

H

Hayesimus

there are several other packages to download in addition to customize. have you installed the community bundle thing? from installer? what's it called people? lol

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
there are several other packages to download in addition to customize. have you installed the community bundle thing? from installer? what's it called people? lol
Community sources, yes it is installed... I jsut need to know how i load my own stuff into this installer and when you download a theme, how do you set it?

H

Hayesimus

are you on a pc? have you used ibrickr? because you can change the system sounds via ibrickr with any audio file on your pc.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
are you on a pc? have you used ibrickr? because you can change the system sounds via ibrickr with any audio file on your pc.
Yes I am on a pc and no I haven't used ibrickr yet. Thought i would try installer app first.
On customize it states you can change lots of different sounds and icons but I'm not sure how to do that. That's what I need to know..

I am still using 1.02. lol and iringtoner for my ring tones..

H

Hayesimus

well all you do is select the customize icon on your phone and then scroll down till you get to system sounds. then click on it and select which sound you want to change and then it will pull a list of sounds from those packages i mentioned and then you pick one.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I went to customize, system sounds, then voice mail sound, and all it says is revert to back-up. Nothing is there. It also states this on all the sounds,,,
How do I add my own stuff to show there?

H

Hayesimus

this is what i was saying. you can download sound sets for customize via installer. you can also make your own soundset and add it to customize. i however haven't ever made a soundset. so... i can't help ya there. but we could always start a new thread. lol

pixcellz

Jul 3, 2008
I tried it and may be for permission problem the app was quitting as soon as I opend. I uninstalled it have to try again. just wondering what about summerboard? this thing also capable of doing same thing..isn't it ?