customize help!

flthnasty

Oct 26, 2007
I can't get the newest version of customize(1.21) to work on my jail broke 1.1.3 phone. It will show the spicy chicken background for a minute then crash. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

btw
I used tinmans easy jail break method.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I can't get the newest version of customize(1.21) to work on my jail broke 1.1.3 phone. It will show the spicy chicken background for a minute then crash. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

btw
I used tinmans easy jail break method.
the spicy chicken background stays up for about 30 secs and eventually, i see the customize options. but when i touch each of the options, the next screen is blank. there's nothing to customize.

so i'm guessing i have the same problem. i also have the jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with tinman's (zibri's) method.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Ok, so it's not just my phone. I thought it was just me but I get the chicken breathing fire screen and nothing, it doesn't load it just crashes. Also can't get a lot of summerboard themes either. Is that one not just me too? I guess these are things that need fixes to work on the new jb version? I was so excited when I jb yesterday to customize my phone again but now I am kind of bummed about this.:(

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
what i'm wondering is this: are these things not working because of this specific method of jailbreak (tinman/zibri method) or are they not working because they're not really compatible with firmware 1.1.3?

wyatt_450

Jun 12, 2007
I found on my phone, when i download the themes for summerboard my phone is saving them
var/root/library/summerboard/themes
When it should be saving them
var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes
I just used moved them to the correct folder

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
My summerboard, besides putting files in the wrong folder originally, works perfectly. Customize works perfectly for me as well, the spicy chicken does show up first, but after a few seconds the options for the application show up. I just need to find image sets to use...

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
I tried the ibricker fix for customize. Not working. Anything else?
There's another way. Under the sources icon in the installer, ADD the source: http://touchrepo.com/repo.xml, hit done and refresh again. Under All packages locate a customize app that says, "Modded...ect..." This seems to work fine.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, but to change the carrier logo on the phone, I was told to download the "make my own app" to change it.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
yes I don't get it I can't get mine keep stuff I chagned like the slide to unlock I put hello lowram and it won't change and I download themes for Summerboard themes and can't get them to work. I'm writing this from my new 16gb iPhone. I love it!

Last edited by a moderator: