Customize is Now 2.0 Compatible/ Download Link Available

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Customize is Now 2.0 Compatible/ Now Available in Cydia

Taken from CustomizeApp.com....

"Customize is now compatible with Firmware 2.0! There are still a couple of bugs (About page and Comments still not working), but all the good stuff is in there. You can download it here, or you can install it via Cydia (and Installer, soon)."

EDIT - Link Updated with Customize 2.1.1

EDIT: It's now available through Cydia.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
ya hoepfully because even on the website it says its available on cydia already. this is why installer is the best because you can manual enter the source and get the app right away. not having to wait for some one to do it.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
i have no idea. all i know is this is supposed to be on cydia and it is not. again this is why installer is the best. who in there right mind would make a program and not allow the user to change or add sources? again installer is the best

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
where can we get installer for our 3g's?

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
where can we get installer for our 3g's?
Installer 4.0 is not out yet. If you are on firmware 2.0, you cannot get installer, whether you have the old iPhone or the new 3G iPhone. Sorry.

Also, I just tried to SSH Customize into my 3G iPhone, and can confirm that the splash screen with the spicychicken loads, then the main screen loads for about 2 seconds----Then crash back to home screen. I even tried changing the permissions to 0775-versus the standard 0755.....still no good. Has anyone got it to work on their 1st gen iPhone? I have one, but the wife has it today.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Installer 4.0 is not out yet. If you are on firmware 2.0, you cannot get installer, whether you have the old iPhone or the new 3G iPhone. Sorry.

Also, I just tried to SSH Customize into my 3G iPhone, and can confirm that the splash screen with the spicychicken loads, then the main screen loads for about 2 seconds----Then crash back to home screen. I even tried changing the permissions to 0775-versus the standard 0755.....still no good. Has anyone got it to work on their 1st gen iPhone? I have one, but the wife has it today.

you need to upgrade to Customize 2.1.1 (per thespricychicken)

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
when u run it for the first time it will crash and take you to the homescreen 2 or 3 times before it will actually run. See if that helps your problem.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
"You can download it here, or you can install it via Cydia (and Installer, soon)."

They're not saying that it 's available through Cydia right now. It will be there SOON. I believe they posted the download link for those who don't want to wait for it to show up on Cydia and those who are comfortable with manual installs.

Also for those who are downloading and installing manually, there's an updated link to the Customize 2.1.1 download in my first post. It should stop all the crashing problems that have been happening.

Enjoy!

Jul 21, 2008
i've got the program to run and to install themes..
it just doesn't seem to work when i try to apply the themes to my device...

Jul 28, 2008
yes, the only thing that it's applying is the lock wallpaper... :(

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Have you changed the permissions of the Customize.app folder to 0755? Also have you gone into the folder and changed the permission of Customize and Customize_ permissions to 0667?

Jul 28, 2008
I had set the enitre directory including sub to 0775... let's see what happens your way... :)

yes... same thing, just the wallpaper has changed...

Strings won't change either...

mac3194

Jul 21, 2008
i downloaded the file but i have no idea how to put it on my iPhone any help would be appreaciated

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I had set the enitre directory including sub to 0775... let's see what happens your way... :)

yes... same thing, just the wallpaper has changed...

Strings won't change either...

My bad, the Customize.app permission should be 777. My fingers were not typing what i was thinking :oops: